Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: YouTube Browser
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
(2015-06-25, 18:18)SportySpice Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-06-25, 18:14)phil65 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-06-25, 18:02)SportySpice Wrote: [ -> ]This looks awesome. I would like to include this kind of view in my addon Collection TV (formerly YouTube Collections)

That probably won´t be possible without a bigger rewrite Wink (plugin vs. script)

There must be a way. I'll have to look into your source when I get the chance to see how everything works.
For now, I am getting "addon has the wrong structure" error when trying to install

You probably used that GitHub download?
Download ExtendedInfo from official repo to get all dependencies and then just manually unzip script.youtube.browser into your addon dir (that one is basically just a dummy add-on, all code is in ExtendedInfo)

EDIT: sorry, forgot to point out that you need newest GIT version from ExtendedInfo, too.

And btw, your GitHub avatar is reaaaally frightening. Smile
I've already extended info installed and working propertly.
The youtube browser addon fails to install from zip, and if I just unzip it manually it doesn't load either.
I can probably mimic what it does from my own scripts seeing that it consists of just one line of code, but still, it should work.
something is messed up in your file structure, or xml, or something.

P.S.
You don't like my boobies? Sad
(2015-06-25, 18:41)SportySpice Wrote: [ -> ]I've already extended info installed and working propertly.
The youtube browser addon fails to install from zip, and if I just unzip it manually it doesn't load either.
I can probably mimic what it does from my own scripts seeing that it consists of just one line of code, but still, it should work.
something is messed up in your file structure, or xml, or something.

P.S.
You don't like my boobies? Sad
Then you´re doing something wrong. I can 100% assure you that it works if you´re doing everything in a correct manner.

I like your boobies, I even gave you a +1 for them.
I figured out the problem.
In your xml it says : <extension point="kodi.addon.metadata">
I changed it to <extension point="xbmc.addon.metadata"> and now it works

I am on Helix, I'm gonna assume you're on Isengard
(2015-06-25, 19:13)SportySpice Wrote: [ -> ]I figured out the problem.
In your xml it says : <extension point="kodi.addon.metadata">
I changed it to <extension point="xbmc.addon.metadata"> and now it works

I am on Helix, I'm gonna assume you're on Isengard

correct. sorry, I missed to mention that.
Really nice, love the keyboard and predictive text. Makes Youtube couch surfing a much more pleasureable experience. The "account" button doesn't work, assuming it's just because it's still very early stages. Hope you keep developing this one because its awesome.
(2015-07-01, 02:51)mark2112 Wrote: [ -> ]Really nice, love the keyboard and predictive text. Makes Youtube couch surfing a much more pleasureable experience. The "account" button doesn't work, assuming it's just because it's still very early stages. Hope you keep developing this one because its awesome.

Thx.
Correct, that button doesnt do anything yet. Atm this here is low priority for me, I only wanted to put up some concept how I imagine browsing YouTube from couch should look like.
Great stuff! We really needed something like this for browsing youtube. Keep up the great work!
Hello again,

I am in the search for a skinner who will help me create some custom views for Collection TV. As you are obviously also interested in creating better YouTube views, and already created one which is very nice, I was wondering if you would like to join my project. It will also save you any kind of coding or YouTube API handling as Collection TV is very thorough in that department.
(2015-07-07, 12:23)SportySpice Wrote: [ -> ]Hello again,

I am in the search for a skinner who will help me create some custom views for Collection TV. As you are obviously also interested in creating better YouTube views, and already created one which is very nice, I was wondering if you would like to join my project. It will also save you any kind of coding or YouTube API handling as Collection TV is very thorough in that department.

Sorry, I prefer to write my own code.
This works really nice, When the "My Account" portion works this will rock. I was able to play with it a lil but would love to use my account to try and really get a good try on it.

props!! I love it.
Thanks again for this Phil, I'm using it regularly, it really is the best way to browse YouTube. When you develop this further, would it be possible to add an option to automatically play the next video?

Cheers!
(2015-07-25, 23:10)braz Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks again for this Phil, I'm using it regularly, it really is the best way to browse YouTube. When you develop this further, would it be possible to add an option to automatically play the next video?

Cheers!

You mean playing all videos from a channel / playlist one after another?
(2015-07-27, 15:48)phil65 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-07-25, 23:10)braz Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks again for this Phil, I'm using it regularly, it really is the best way to browse YouTube. When you develop this further, would it be possible to add an option to automatically play the next video?

Cheers!

I was thinking of search results, actually. Would be nice to be able to search for an artist and just hit play.
(2015-07-27, 16:03)braz Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-07-27, 15:48)phil65 Wrote: [ -> ]

Cheers!

I was thinking of search results, actually. Would be nice to be able to search for an artist and just hit play.

Hmm perhaps as an alternative action in context menu, but that should definitely not be the default i think.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5