Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Artwork for Countries, Directors, etc.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi!

I can change the artwork for Actors, Sets and Titles (the videos themselves). But when I go to videos -> Movies, I don't seem to be able to change artwork for

- Countries
- Directors
- Genres
- Studios
- Tags and
- Year

is this by design (feature request?) or is this a bug?

Thanks!
This is by design. Those are skin specific and are not changable from within the ui. You have to replace the images the skin provides.
Thanks, I was afraid of that.

But I wasn't talking about the folder-icons, I was writing about the content icons. For example the icon for "Germany", for "Austria", etc.
(2015-06-24, 16:31)annomatik Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks, I was afraid of that.

But I wasn't talking about the folder-icons, I was writing about the content icons. For example the icon for "Germany", for "Austria", etc.

Kodi won't auto lookup images but the skin might be able to define thumbnails. Not 100% sure on this.
Actually, you can change them. They're just video nodes (wiki), and you can define images for those.
Cool, thanks! Will play around with the Video Node Editor.
From what I understand, I can only edit the artwork for the folder icons there, e.g. the one for "Country", not the one for "Austria" / "Germany".

Or am I missing something?
(2015-06-24, 22:39)Ned Scott Wrote: [ -> ]Actually, you can change them. They're just video nodes (wiki), and you can define images for those.

Totally forgot about this one, but that's not what the OP is trying to archive. This will only control the actual nodes, not the contents like eg. the actual countries.
A quick fool-around in a skin I maintain it doesn't seem like Container.Content(countries) works, which would be helpful to get this to function.
(2015-06-26, 08:06)scott967 Wrote: [ -> ]A quick fool-around in a skin I maintain it doesn't seem like Container.Content(countries) works, which would be helpful to get this to function.

Container.Content(countries) should actually work from a brief look at the code. Mind checking if others do work (eg. genres, studios, tags etc)?