Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: ESPN 3
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40
(2016-09-05, 03:18)awaters1 Wrote: [ -> ]I released 2.9.19 to the custom kodi repository, can you guys try it to see if ACC Extra works? If you never installed the custom addon repository it can be installed with this zip https://github.com/kodi-addons/repo.kodi...addons.zip located at https://github.com/kodi-addons/repo.kodi-addons

I'm not sure why the raspberry pi has issues, the addon passes the video files off to kodi, does other h264 content play ok?

Hi @awaters1 -
Running 2.9.19 I was unable to watch the ACCExtra soccer game just now.
Shoot I forgot to attach a log. Would that be helpful?
The log isn't too helpful for this issue, for some reason the adobe activation isn't working. When using watch espn did you have to log in to watch ESPN3 (the free content?) I'm trying to get a grasp as to what the differences are.
I'll let you know tomorrow as the ACCExtra events are done from the day. From recollection though I did not need to enter credentials to view it on my ATV.
I'm not sure if this helps or not,but I run Kodi from an Enigma2 VU+ Solo2 box and from this I get a choice of all available device types that this addon supports,and I am able to watch and use any device type I please.

ie Android, Apple TV, Legacy, Roku, tvOS,

All work with the other channels, however, if I select Android the ACCExtra and SEC channels work perfectly, but if I select Apple TV I get the exact same login error message as others have reported here.

Also, I too have the problems of the streams stuttering no matter what Resolution and Bitrate are chosen like has also been reported earlier in this thread,but not always and not on every stream. Some play perfectly for the duration of the stream,whilst others will begin to stutter after 20mins or so and some even stutter from the very beginning.

I have plenty of CPU and RAM and my internet is 79mg download. Its bizarre and I can only assume the stream speeds simply are not fast enough from the ESPN site by the time they get here to me in the UK, because this problem is nowhere near as bad if I stream in the early morning here in the UK. I use a Smart DNS so its not even down to my VPN causing a bottleneck,because for this addon I have the VPN turned off.
Because its now early morning, I've had the ESPN Sportscenter streaming using the top Res and Bitrate for the last 30mins without a single stutter.
But it does seem that the ESPN site suffers from the exact same issues as FOX Sports,whereby after the advert caption is displayed,when the channel returns,the audio and picture are out of sync. This is not the fault of the addon,I just wish both the FOX and ESPN sites would address this annoying issue,because it does my head in having to stop and restart the stream after every set of adverts to get them back into sync once more. If as sometimes happens,the adverts are shown,then the stream remains in perfect sync when the sports event returns.

Anyway I hope the info regarding the ACCExtra and SEC channels working with Andriod but not working with Apple TV helps.

All in all this is an excellent addon and I would consider it perfect if my slight but massively annoying bugs could be addressed regarding the stuttering.

Ian.
I did notice that my plug in seems to think it's apple TV tough it isn't. Maybe solving that is the key to getting this to work
(2016-09-06, 01:32)wolfie7873 Wrote: [ -> ]@slambam: have you tried "deauthorize this device" from the "Authentication Details" in the content listing within the plug in?

I actually FINALLY got it to go. I kept trying to deauthorize, but it would automatically connect to my old login. I ended up authorizing it, before going to my parents house. I ran over there, entered the code, and it actually worked. I guess the autologin was tied to my wifi, and since i used my parents wifi to authorize it, it works under my wifi now. Pretty dumb and confusing, but it finally works.
Update.

I have two rpi boxes. One was an early model with only 256M of ram. On that box, I can watch the channels available on TV, but anything from espn3 crashes the box, and accextra says it won't play after saying it's not available on the plan I have (which is false)

On the box with 512M, all tv channels and espn3 work fine, but accextra has the same problem with authorization.

ACCextra works on my phone just fine.
I released 2.9.20 to the custom repository, this has a potential fix for the ACC network, please test it, if it doesn't work I have one more trick to try.

Edit: The women's volleyball game just ended so tomorrow and the weekend will have a full slate of events.
(2016-09-09, 03:26)awaters1 Wrote: [ -> ]I released 2.9.20 to the custom repository, this has a potential fix for the ACC network, please test it, if it doesn't work I have one more trick to try.

Edit: The women's volleyball game just ended so tomorrow and the weekend will have a full slate of events.

I just logged in and noticed that the events are done for the day as you stated. Will try tomorrow.
Guys, I am outside the US, but I can play ESPN fine through their page using my dad's cable login.

I am just using a DNS service.

Using this add-on, I can't use the DNS? I was going crazy trying to figure out where I had to insert autenthication details, until I used a VPN.

I imagine this has been brought up before, I read several pages but couldn't find anything. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

P.S: I am using the latest 2.9.20 version
(2016-09-09, 03:26)awaters1 Wrote: [ -> ]I released 2.9.20 to the custom repository, this has a potential fix for the ACC network, please test it, if it doesn't work I have one more trick to try.

He shoots he scores!

The 512m pi now plays accextra just fine.

Any guesses as to why the 256m pi can play the regular channels but not espn3?
(2016-09-10, 01:30)wolfie7873 Wrote: [ -> ]

He shoots he scores!

The 512m pi now plays accextra just fine.

Any guesses as to why the 256m pi can play the regular channels but not espn3?

I can confirm ACCExtra and SEC+ both work now. Thanks for your persistence @awaters1.
Sounds great! I'll submit it to the official repository tomorrow.
When I try to authenticate with the first link, first off my ISP (TelSavvy) is not listed as I noticed there is no ISP from Canada.
How would I go about that?
Thanks.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40