Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Reconnect streaming automatically
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello Everyone,

I've recently installed Kodi on RaspberryPi and i also installed the following addon:
https://github.com/hadynz/repository.arabic.xbmc-addons

Sometimes the streaming channels are disconnected when i am watching for a short while (~5 minutes).

I have 3 questions for optimizing streaming:

1) Is there a way to increase streaming buffer so that it can download at least 30 or more seconds to give my connection the capacity to download more as i am watching?

2) Is there a way to try to download content simultaneously from multiple servers if available?

3) If not, is there a way to make Kodi avoid disconnecting and even if disconnected retry to connect automatically without taking me back to the main channels screen?

Thank you in advance
Maverick
Moved to OS Independent, as not RPi specific.

1) http://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Modify_the_video_cache

2) Like a torrent? Don't think so.

3) Not sure, but without a debug log (wiki) it's impossible to know why the disconnect occurs in the first place.
Thank you for the response.

#2 was not about downloading torrents but actually more about downloading streams from multiple servers if the channel has them. Otherwise i would just try to buffer as much as possible.
Hello, excuse me if my English is bad.
I have a similar problem. I have a m3u list with my local TV channels which I play in PVR simple client. When I am watching a channel, after 30 minutes the server is disconnected, the connection is lost and the video continues playing until the end of the storage in CACHE and returns to the KODI menu.

VLC player can automatically reconnect to the channel by activating the "Auto Re-connect" function

There are also players in ANDROID as "IPTV EXTREME" that have this function of "HTTP Reconnect" or "auto reconnect"

As much as I searched I did not find this excellent function in KODI Sad I use Libreelec in Amlogic TV Box s905w and also in Raspberry Pi 3
Is there any chance that KODI will implement the "Auto re-connect" option in the future?

Thank you very much.