Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Problems with Movies / TV Art
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am having a problem getting the art work for my movies and TV shows to display. I built a new NAS and relocated all my video files. I exported my database, did a global search / replace for all the video paths. On the computer that did the actual export / import all the graphics show up fine. One other systems the art work is missing. The videos play back fine so the paths are set correctly. I have updated the log in scripts for mapping drives on my systems.

I am running Kodi 14.2 on Windows 7 on all the systems. Drives are mapped in Windows, and the shares created / mapped in Kodi are all using SMB path and not the windows drive mapping (M:\).

When I go into movie information, choose art and update the settings, the art work is displayed correctly on all my systems.

Any suggestions on how I can get all my movies and TV show to update and not have to update them one by one?
(2015-06-25, 02:23)tlvranas Wrote: [ -> ]I am having a problem getting the art work for my movies and TV shows to display. I built a new NAS and relocated all my video files. I exported my database, did a global search / replace for all the video paths. On the computer that did the actual export / import all the graphics show up fine. One other systems the art work is missing. The videos play back fine so the paths are set correctly. I have updated the log in scripts for mapping drives on my systems.

I am running Kodi 14.2 on Windows 7 on all the systems. Drives are mapped in Windows, and the shares created / mapped in Kodi are all using SMB path and not the windows drive mapping (M:\).

When I go into movie information, choose art and update the settings, the art work is displayed correctly on all my systems.

Any suggestions on how I can get all my movies and TV show to update and not have to update them one by one?

Can could post your sources.xml?
Also a debug log (wiki) from the system with the missing artwork. And are you using MySQL for your database?

If you're using path substitution to share thumbnails, stop doing that and use a local cache for each client (if you must locate the cache on the network, don't share it between clients).

I don't quite understand what you mean when you say you did a "global search and replace" on the video paths, what about the artwork paths that are stored in the database (if your artwork is local, as the artwork is usually stored alongside the video files)?