Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Regaining slideshow pictures for library?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I recently did a thumbnail clear because I had over 4 gigs of thumbnail files due to having a really big tv show library. When i cleared the thumbnails all went fine space was restored and for the most part in the menus all the thumbnails came back but I am having an issue restoring them into the homescreen slideshow. It just leaves a grey screen for many of my movies and tv shows. I find that if i go to each movie in my library and manually hove over it for a while then return to the main screen it brings the image back but is there a better/faster way to do this. I have tried going to refresh library it does nothing.
I'm guessing by main screen "thumbnails" you mean the fanart backdrops?

I've had this problem a few times after I've done a clean up or fresh install, I just leave Eminence slideshow running on the main screen for 10 minutes and it eventually will download and repopulate all the missing fanart.
It'll repeatedly flick through grey screens and look like nothing is happening, but give it a bit of time, (obviously how long it will take is dependant on your library size), and after you exit and restart Kodi it should have downloaded all the missing images.