Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: annoying background="true" behaviour
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have noticed that as soon as background is set to true, local images won't get reloaded if they will be replaced another one.

Easy way to reproduce it:
-> Local stored poster.jpg of an movie
-> Remove the movie of the database / drop the source where the movie is in
-> Replace the poster.jpg with another one
-> Readd the movie to you DB/ search for new contents

The old poster.jpg is still in the cache and even a skin refresh/reboot won't help. Only deleting the cached thumbnails manually or trigger a forced refresh via the DialogVideoInfo will cache the new one (btw: shouldn't this be done automatically while rescanning the video source?). Simply choosing the replaced .jpg with the select dialog doesn't help.

I also faced it in some other scenarios, where images of the /extra/ or any other folder were used.
If I remove the background tag of the image control, everything is fine.

Edit:
Forgot to mention -> Isgenard Nightlies Wink
I have the same problem when updating local images and Kodi 'sees' them as the old ones. After a day or so they're fixed though.
That's behaviour since uhm ....... well a really long time ago.
It only checks if the image changed every 24 hours or so and then updates the cached image
Ah, okay. Guess I have to deal with it. Thanks for clarification.
Is this the same reason for every time I watch a movie (and it only seems to be movies) once it the movie finishes the poster and background images are always missing? This has happened on many different skins and I always wondered what was going on there...
(2015-07-04, 04:28)ZexisStryfe Wrote: [ -> ]Is this the same reason for every time I watch a movie (and it only seems to be movies) once it the movie finishes the poster and background images are always missing? This has happened on many different skins and I always wondered what was going on there...

I have experienced this as well.

Have you seen this in Isengard? I don't recall experiencing this for quite a while now...
(2015-07-04, 17:08)Gade Wrote: [ -> ]I have experienced this as well.

Have you seen this in Isengard? I don't recall experiencing this for quite a while now...

I haven't tested Isengard yet.