Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Android download problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
when I try to download Kodi it only downloads a txt instead of the arm - what needs to be done to download the armHuh?
Just rename the .txt file as .apk and try installing it.
The file only shows in my download folder and I do not have the option to rename. Or maybe I do not know how to rename the file in my download folder, if that can be done how do I do that? I also tried setting up a gmail account and downloading from the Google play store and get an error saying OBB not yet present. Any other options or solutions?
Use the file browser app on your android device to select then rename the file, or download a file browser app that will let you rename it. Try googling the error you got re: Google Play store... Probably just needs time/sync between setting up the email and play store?
tks for the replies. I solved the problem -- On my laptop downloaded and saved Kodi 14.2 on a USB and then installed from the USB. all good
My xbmc box crashed and i lost everything ive tried factory settings but didnt work. Also tried to reboot and didnt work it still says ive got no memory left to download anything can anyone help please
Check with your seller/manufacturer first, maybe they have a suggestion or three, but...

Boot into the Android launcher(like you normally would), go to settings, then apps, then uninstall XBMC or KODI (which will probably now be enormous) and start over, but if it's filling up you're going to continue having the same problem... (You might have to find the app in your box with root explorer or the like to re-install it, if it is a custom version -you provided no info, so good luck, you'll figure it out if you download one and it doesn't run properly) The current "official" KODI line seems to be that the problem is generally that the add-ons you're using are storing stuff and not cleaning up, or that you're generating a lot of thumbs, backgrounds, etc, over time and filling your internal storage space up -which makes KODI appear to grow as the storage is associated with it.

There are threads here dealing with it. See the WIKI on the menu bar above about telling KODI how to use external storage and add an external drive/thumb drive/sdhc card, etc. which will not fix the problem, but give you much more time between having to delete crappola... (sorry, highly technical term!)

If you don't understand any of the above, read up until you do. The forum search and Google search tools are your friends, well not really, but maybe a little for a while until you unscrew this.