Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Kodi wont play but 30 mins of wmc recording
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I can't figure out why Kodi only plays between 25 and 30 minutes of a hour long recording. I have it on pc and on a chromebox and neither will play any more than that. I've watched the recording using wmc and it plays the entire show. If I look at the heading for kodi it only shows a duration of 25-30 minutes.

im fuzzled.....
The metadata header is possible corrupt, can you encode with a new container and try again
I personally use handbrake.
The wtv files in the folder are 1 hour long themselves. It has to be something within Kodi
Have you checked the file header?
Use media info/vlc player
Check it as in how? What to look for?
To see if the header is corrupt
Download either media info or vlc and use the tools to see metadata info on the file

If the time, format, codec, container all report as they should then the file is okay, other than that the time may differ in playtime and what file has coded into the header riff chunk
Most cases, software playback (WMC) will pass through any file errors, as to H/W accelerated playback generally pre-loads information to buffer to GPU memory and if the header is corrupt may result in playback ending prematurely.

If you Google: Corrupt Video Header File there will some info that may explain it better. HTH
folks im lost on this surely someone has experienced this. really frustrating
Have you attempted above in post #2, #4 and/or #6?
Hard to help if its not known if the file header is corrupt or can be placed within an alternate container?
i still cannot fix this ive looked at the files with vlc and nothing shows errors.

surely someone else has this issue and has fixed it.
Can you download media info and post the information here.
Alternately encode with a new container and try again
I use MCE buddy and the show plays if I add the directory they're stored in to the videos section but will not play the entire show from the TV section under recordings
Sorry to hear that "Joedrt73", I think you have another issue, please ignore all my posts.