Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: New User Questions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
New Kodi user here. May eventually migrate from WMC (USA cablecard recording with commercial skip) to Kodi. Just setting up Kodi on Windows 7 PC testing the waters. Have some questions:

1. Appears that Kodi is utilizing EDL cut file from comskip, but how do I toggle that on/off? I want to manually hit the "commercial skip" button vs letting Kodi do it automatically. Easy keyboard toggle or messing with some config file constantly?

2. I read that the EDL cut locations can be displayed in the control bar by pressing the "O" key (codec information), but this is not working. Is it just broken or maybe some other way to show the cut locations? The codec info does show, but not the EDL cut locations.

3. How do I stop the control bar from appearing when there is movement of the mouse? Can I set it to only appear if I move mouse to bottom of screen or click or ?

4. How do I permanently get rid of this "thumbnail" in the lower left corner of the video playback when the control bar is displayed?

2. There is an option to disable the mouse in Kodi. Not sure if that will help you or not.

2+3. Try a different skin?
Thanks, I have no interest in disabling the mouse. Only the "feature" that pops up the control/info bar when the mouse moves. Is this seriously not an option?

Guess I could try a different skin to get rid of the stupid huge thumbnail in the left corner. Just can't believe that's the best way to do it...
(2015-07-01, 03:21)tzr916 Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks, I have no interest in disabling the mouse. Only the "feature" that pops up the control/info bar when the mouse moves. Is this seriously not an option?

Guess I could try a different skin to get rid of the stupid huge thumbnail in the left corner. Just can't believe that's the best way to do it...

Kodi is designed to be used with a remote. Emby is better suited to control via mouse.
You can unmap the mousemove action during fullscreen video playback by modifying your keymap.
I use keymap editor that works for me. Change setting to suit under playback.