Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Problems with version 4.0.5
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey everyboy,

I'm actual using TVHeading 3.9 and would like to migrate to version 4.0.5.
Therefore I'd make a backup, purged the package, added the repository and installed version 4.0.5.
Till now, everything is working like expected.

Next I enabled my DVB Card, added the network and pinned it to my DVB adapter (which I enabled afterwards).
Now, I got the problem, that no channels occurs. In syslog, I could see the following problem:

Code:
Jul  1 13:59:40 kodi tvheadend[6655]: mpegts: 0#017 in Astra 19.2E - tuning on STV090x Multistandard : DVB-S #0 (unten)
Jul  1 13:59:41 kodi tvheadend[6655]: linuxdvb: STV090x Multistandard : DVB-S #0 (unten) - failed to tune [e=Invalid argument]
Jul  1 13:59:41 kodi kernel: [ 1443.743430] ddbridge 0000:01:00.0: DVB: adapter 0 frontend 0 frequency 9750000 out of range (950000..2150000)

Ok, I thoung I did something wrong with the network configuration.
Switched back to 3.9 and compared the configuration. I could not find any configuration problem, which would explain this message.
I also compared the configuration by console:

# working

Code:
{
    "networkname": "Astra 19.2",
    "nid": 0,
    "autodiscovery": false,
    "skipinitscan": true,
    "idlescan": true,
    "sid_chnum": false,
    "ignore_chnum": false,
    "charset": "ISO-8859-15",
    "localtime": false,
    "class": "dvb_network_dvbs"
}

# not working

Code:
{
    "orbital_pos": "19.2E",
    "networkname": "Astra 19.2E",
    "nid": 0,
    "autodiscovery": false,
    "skipinitscan": true,
    "idlescan": true,
    "sid_chnum": false,
    "ignore_chnum": false,
    "satip_source": 0,
    "charset": "ISO-8859-15",
    "localtime": false,
    "class": "dvb_network_dvbs"
}

I also tried without the orbital_pos, which makes no difference. Did again build the driver and rebooted my HTPC. No difference.. same problem.
I'm using a Digtal Devices Cine S2 DVB-S adapter (Ubuntu 14.04 LTS + Kodi).

Could anyone tell me whats the problem?

Thanks in advance.
You should file a bug report on tvheadend.org if the upgrade didn't go smoothly. In this case it seems like tvheadend is treating the multiplex frequency differently, which is why you're getting "frequency out of range" errors. Try removing your muxes and re-adding them, then let them scan and hopefully that should do the trick.