Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: whats the dif between add to favorites and add to library?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
anyone?
I could guess, but it really depends on the add-on.
with 1 channel you have both options, but I have yet to find the ones that I marked as to my library so I'm not sure where they went ...
No banned addon talk in here. Thank.

To answer the question: Favorite is a simple entry in a xml file that is displayed in the Favorites window only. Library is that thing that holds all the information.
I guess i need to ask a different question differently. Im trying to set up a quick list in either TV or VIDEO of often watched programs from any add on...rather than going to different add ons and searching each time i want to see one......and one that would update as the latest items become available.
Not possible in core. Favorites is basically exactly what you have in your browser. A non dynamic place where you pin favs.
ok, thank you
(2015-07-09, 22:28)mkortstiege Wrote: [ -> ]Not possible in core. Favorites is basically exactly what you have in your browser. A non dynamic place where you pin favs.

My problem with putting videos in Favorites in Kodi is you can not use "Repeat" Or "Play Next File Automatically" option.
Really wish the Kodi developers would change that.