Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: stream Kodi to iOs 8.1.2 / 8.4?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys,

Is it possible to stream Kodi to iphone without having to jailbreak with Cyntia?
Maybe by installing a webserver on the iphone? I already have the webserver port 80 connection setup correctly on the PC version.

Thanks, Raefe
You can't stream kodi. But you can install any upnp player for ios and enable upnp sharing on your Kodi instance (which is on an other device in your network) and access and playback the media from your library.
Hi Memphiz,

Many thanks for your reply. I tried a few upnp apps and the only one that recognied the film I was streaming was "ArkMC Lite". When clicking on "Now Playing" I could see an image of the film currently playing, but it was only a stable background picture with controls for me to control the film as a remote control.

But I would like to see the actual film being streamed on my iphone, what can I set or install ?

There must be some kind of workaround, teamviewer for example would theoretically work but the screen resolution and lag unfortunately dont make it a very efficient solution.
most players are limited to playback of h264 content and mp4 / mov container - that is what ios supports. If you want to play mkv or avi or whatever you should consider installing kodi on the device.
Do I not need to jailbreak the iphone to be able to install kodi on my iphone device? (I dont intend to jailbreak it)

VLC and Infuse seem to be good players, pity they cant stream kodi.
VLC supports many more formats than just h264 and mp4/mov.
well then you need to google howto access upnp servers - i am pretty sure there are ios apps out there which can access the kodi upnp server and play more then only the standard formats.
If you don't want to jailbreak, look up 'Infuse' on the appstore.

Slick presentation, functionally up to par. --a lot of the upnp/media players on iOS have one or the other. This has both. It's more expensive than most others (most of which are free). But it's probably your best bet.

It can read upnp libraries from a remote Kodi install, and can also read SMB shares (Apparently, --I never had success with that part).

You're welcome.