Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: What is the Encoder Addon?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've updated my Kodibuntu to 15.0 RC1.

Is it necessary install this?:
Code:
sudo apt-get install kodi-audioencoder-* kodi-pvr-*

What makes the difference? More fast? Even better?

Best Regards.
Welcome to forums.

Faster no!

Better? That depends on your needs, if you use PVR (wiki) or rip audio cd's then those are for you if not (I suspect that you dont) never mind.
Why would you need an audio encoder to use PVR?
(2015-07-04, 03:05)nickr Wrote: [ -> ]Why would you need an audio encoder to use PVR?

And who ever in this thread even suggested that? Another coffee perhaps?
the topic is audio encoders. It looked like you were suggesting they were for pvr.
I read the topic but then I read the message body so my reply addressed the message body. It seems the user is also non English native.

So to reiterate and clarify, Neither the audio encoders or the PVR addons make Kodi faster. The PVR addons only required if you use PVR and the Audio Encoders only required if you rip CD's, The only common link between PVR and Audio Encoders is that they are binary addons they hae no other link to each other or affect the operation of each other.
(2015-07-04, 02:25)uNiversal Wrote: [ -> ]Welcome to forums.

Faster no!

Better? That depends on your needs, if you use PVR (wiki) or rip audio cd's then those are for you if not (I suspect that you dont) never mind.

Uhhhh....I was borne in Essex UK and I'm as native as you can get Wink
(2015-07-04, 19:51)robo989 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-07-04, 02:25)uNiversal Wrote: [ -> ]Welcome to forums.

Faster no!

Uhhhh....I was borne in Essex UK and I'm as native as you can get Wink

Borne? Is that the new way to spell that in Essex? jk Wink

Wait who are you? The user asking here has nick of "runs", you guys sure like to mix it up.