Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: An option to disallow saving to the database for certain directories
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What do you think about an option that won't allow queried info for the videos/music in certain directories to be saved to the database?

For example, other less savvy people in my house always hit the info button on certain videos I don't really want in my database. I would also like to lookup the info from time to time on my TV shows but I don't really want that info to be saved to my video db since it doesn't handle TV episodes very well. It would be nice if I could do something like just put a file named "nodbsaving.txt" in my TV Shows directory that would prevent them from being saved.
if you don't want ppl to lookup stuff, lock it in your profile.

use the imdb button in the video db views for non-saved lookups.
I want people to be able to look videos up at IMDB, just as long as they are movies. I don't want anyone to be able to look up TV shows though.

Is there even an option to lock out the lookup? I couldn't see anything in the masterlock for it.
entire, yes. just set media info to 'shared (read only)' or separate (locked).

share means share with master user, if you select separate (locked), the profile has separate media info, but you have to enter master mode to add anything
Thanks. I finally found that option. I had to add a new profile. It won't let you do it in the Master Profile (which I guess makes sense).