Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Old kodi source adding as old content!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ok so I have an issue with one of my external sources, this newly added source had been previously scan using an old instance of XBMC. I ended up removing this source and it wast until today that I added this source to my new kodi machine, however when plugged in I proceded to add the new source which I named MOVIESD11, when added it did not scan for content it simply showed MOVIESD11 along with MOVIESD1. I'm assuming this was the old source name.

My question is I have my library set up to show my recently added movies, however this source is being treated as an old and already scanned source. How can I make this source be treated as new, without having to reset my entire library.

TL;DR I want and old scanned source to be treated as new and add the content as recently added without having to reset my entire library!
I think you may be coming across how "Recently Added" is worked out. The definition of that phrase is not as obvious as it sounds. When new stuff is scanned I believe the date stamps of the actual files and folders are what are used to put things into "Recently Added". So old files will not always pop-up in that list even if they have only just been added to KODI.

To get things into that Recently Added list you may need to get all the file date stamps on the actual *files* to be updated. I am not sure if it is Files or Folder dates are the most important here. Probably something in the Wiki or buried in the forum about it.
It might be a file stacking issue because D+number is in there. This stacking pattern was prone to error and will be finally removed in the upcoming v15. You can test if this is the issue by turning off file stacking in Settings/Videos/File lists (wiki) -> Combine split video items.