Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Issue with 1080 playback on Android Isengard 15.0 RC1
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Issue with 1080 playback on Kodi Isengard15.0 RC1

It appears that Kodi 15.0 RC1 either has changed the names of codecs or is no longer processing some video settings in advancedsettings.xml

On an Amazon Fire Stick it is necessary to turn off stagefright to play SD videos, and turn it on to play HD without stuttering. To do that I have the following in my advancedsettings.xml:

Code:
<video>
    <stagefright>
      <!--  -1 is default, 0 is never used this codec, 1 is always use this codec, bypassing blacklist -->
      <useavccodec>hd</useavccodec>
      <usevc1codec>hd</usevc1codec>
      <usevpxcodec>hd</usevpxcodec>
      <usemp4codec>hd</usemp4codec>
      <usempeg2codec>hd</usempeg2codec>
      <useswrenderer>false</useswrenderer>
    </stagefright>
</video>

The above works fine in 14.2, 15.0 BETA1 and 15.0 BETA2. It does not work in Kodi 15.0 RC1. Have the codec names changed or is something not functioning correctly?

The result is that HD videos stutter and the audio is out of sync by 4-5 seconds, making them unwatchable. You can see this by loading the Syfy addon from the Kodi.org repo and try playing any episode of Killjoys. Works fine using the above advancedsettings on earlier versions (and Windows 8.1 even using RC1), just doesn't work on Android on the Fire Stick.

If I remove the stagefright settings, the SD videos stutter.

I can load logs if needed, but I can't see anything different in them.
Wondering if this were addressed in 15.1?
And if so, is the advancedsettings.xml setting above still necessary with both mediacodec and stagefright turned on?