Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Sync playback to display option on haswell, pointless?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys!

This is first world problem but something I wish I knew the answer to:

My setup: Intel NUC i3 Haswell / Panasonic st60 / audio and video over HDMI directly to TV / no passthrough / Openelec latest beta / have enabled adjust display refresh rate to match video on start/stop and everything is working fine.

The Question: If I have a playback device and a TV that can handle perfect 24p what happens if I enable "sync playback to display"? Will the whole audio track be resampled even if there's no drops what so ever? I'm asking this since now and then, but very few times, there might be dropped frames during a movie. I'm just trying to make sure A/V sync is perfect and I can get a Little crazy not knowing Smile

Thanks!
After testing it seems like it's happening in real time. So I guess with perfect video clock no resampling of audio is done when sync playback to display is enabled?
(2015-07-07, 10:12)Hufvudet Wrote: [ -> ]So I guess with perfect video clock no resampling of audio is done when sync playback to display is enabled?

Correct. A single dropped frame may not influence this. We calculate a/v sync error over a certain period of time. Actually this is a closed loop controller.
Cool, thanks.