Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Why does PseudoTV end a show early and jump into the next one?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
He was talking diagnosis.
There is only one reason PseudoTV Live would end early, the show has improper duration info...

Either Kodi's library or the file metadata is at fault, you should probably rebuild your kodi library using nfos.
(2015-07-16, 01:32)Lunatixz Wrote: [ -> ]There is only one reason PseudoTV Live would end early, the show has improper duration info...

Either Kodi's library or the file metadata is at fault, you should probably rebuild your kodi library using nfos.

So TVDB has input the wrong duration? That sucks. If, and even if that's the case then why does it play all the way through outside of PTVL? Does that mean PTVL is mixing up the durations?

Also I have like 900 gb worth of movies and TV shows. Creating nfo files for 1000's of items would take so much more time than it's worth. Is that the only option? Then every time I add a new series that's 8-9 seasons long I have to go through and type out hundreds of different nfo files just so it won't cut off early?

I don't want you to take offence to this but that seems like a total waste of time and not to mention it would take FOREVER!
Why would you watch 900GB of movies and TV through PTVL?
(2015-07-16, 02:21)nickr Wrote: [ -> ]Why would you watch 900GB of movies and TV through PTVL?

Because my whole library is setup in there? Why would I meticulously pick through what I want and don't want in there? It's honestly just there for when I don't want I pick something to watch.

Edit: as an example I have set up 24/7 channels of Seinfeld, Breaking Bad and a few other shows. When I say 900 gb that's what's on my HDD.
(2015-07-16, 02:21)nickr Wrote: [ -> ]Why would you watch 900GB of movies and TV through PTVL?
I personally run PTVL 24/7 throughout my house.... The projects goal is for a full cablebox replacement. I have a 15tb server, 12TB of which is used.
Between the server, livetv and plugins, there's always something new to watch.
Just tested again. South Park, Somalian pirates episode. Cut out in PTVL about 15 minutes in. Played it in Kodi outside of PTVL and it said the duration was 22 minutes, played flawlessly and didn't cut out early.

So yeah, it definitely seems something is wrong with PTVL. I don't know what it is as I STILL can't capture a log. It's so random there is absolutely no way for me to predict when it'll happen.
(2015-07-16, 02:44)Lunatixz Wrote: [ -> ]
I personally run PTVL 24/7 throughout my house.... The projects goal is for a full cablebox replacement. I have a 15tb server, 12TB of which is used.
Between the server, livetv and plugins, there's always something new to watch.
OK so is it a kind of universal interface to all your media?

Personally I just collect TV shows and movies and watch what I feel like.
Maybe I'll try PTVL and see if it improves my life!
Okay is there an easier way besides NFO files? I just had a looks and it's SERIOUSLY going to take me a week and a half to creates thousands of these files. At least a week and a half. I work everyday so that option is literally not even worth my time.

I would REALLY like to avoid going through all that hassle just to be lazy and watch TV.
(2015-07-16, 04:16)banananipple Wrote: [ -> ]Okay is there an easier way besides NFO files? I just had a looks and it's SERIOUSLY going to take me a week and a half to creates thousands of these files. At least a week and a half. I work everyday so that option is literally not even worth my time.

I would REALLY like to avoid going through all that hassle just to be lazy and watch TV.

Take a look at the media managers that I've linked below, they might be able to help you fix your NFO files a bit faster than by doing it by hand. Hopefully, you're not running Linux (I can't find a manager that does what I need it to and that works with Linux/Wine).

WiMM
Media Companion
TinyMediaManager

Also get used to the hassle, it's what makes Kodi fun Tongue
Really I think it'd be better to fix whatever the problem is with interaction between PTVL and kodi.
(2015-07-16, 06:27)nickr Wrote: [ -> ]Really I think it'd be better to fix whatever the problem is with interaction between PTVL and kodi.

@nickr i'm guessing you don't understand the issue...

If you have media that is improperly encoded with inaccurate runtimes, what magic should PseudoTV use to find the actual runtime?

Before you answer "Scraping" with Kodi, You should understand that 99% of the time this data is inaccurate. The runtimes do not account for commercials removed. So a 30min tv show, probl. has 24min of runtime.

I've been using and coding PseudoTV for a really long time... trust me when I say this issue only appears to users that either burned their own copies and failed to pay attention to metadata. Or some garbage illegal download that is incomplete or poorly encoded.

It's not a common issue... and the only fix is for the affected user to clean and maintain a healthier collection of media! no magic on my end...

Currently PTVL tries to read metadata duration first, and if that fails it uses Kodis library...
(2015-07-16, 01:32)Lunatixz Wrote: [ -> ]There is only one reason PseudoTV Live would end early, the show has improper duration info...

I absolutely had a network issue, where files over the network would just stop reading, and it would skip to the next file. This behavior only happened when my NAS device was hosting the media with it's default configurations. I did some searching online and other people had the similar performance problems with the NAS device, so I adjusted the settings as they suggested and the problem went away.

I figured this out because I happen to have a complete backup of the NAS device on a USB harddrive... switching to the USB harddrive completely resolved the issue. So i knew it was something with my network.
(2015-07-16, 15:30)walksonhandz Wrote: [ -> ]

I absolutely had a network issue, where files over the network would just stop reading, and it would skip to the next file. This behavior only happened when my NAS device was hosting the media with it's default configurations. I did some searching online and other people had the similar performance problems with the NAS device, so I adjusted the settings as they suggested and the problem went away.

I figured this out because I happen to have a complete backup of the NAS device on a USB harddrive... switching to the USB harddrive completely resolved the issue. So i knew it was something with my network.

Thanks for the info... needless to say if you stop or take away the playing file it would end a show early. Tongue

I personally use samba network shares... can you post how you resolved your issue in a new thread for other users to read?
(2015-07-16, 14:38)Lunatixz Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-07-16, 06:27)nickr Wrote: [ -> ]Really I think it'd be better to fix whatever the problem is with interaction between PTVL and kodi.

@nickr i'm guessing you don't understand the issue...

If you have media that is improperly encoded with inaccurate runtimes, what magic should PseudoTV use to find the actual runtime?

Before you answer "Scraping" with Kodi, You should understand that 99% of the time this data is inaccurate. The runtimes do not account for commercials removed. So a 30min tv show, probl. has 24min of runtime.

I've been using and coding PseudoTV for a really long time... trust me when I say this issue only appears to users that either burned their own copies and failed to pay attention to metadata. Or some garbage illegal download that is incomplete or poorly encoded.

It's not a common issue... and the only fix is for the affected user to clean and maintain a healthier collection of media! no magic on my end...

Currently PTVL tries to read metadata duration first, and if that fails it uses Kodis library...

That still doesn't answer my question. I'm staring at the episode that cut off early and it says the runtime is 21 minutes. I just tried AGAIN and it played all the way through NOT in ptvl.

So why when it played in PTVL did it cut off 15 minutes in? Is PTVL just magically switching the duration to 15 minutes instead of the actual duration?
Pages: 1 2 3