Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Set Audio-Delay by pressing only one key
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi Community,

I have the following situation, and I´m very sure it can be solved with the existing features of KODI.

For movies with HD-Audio (DTS MASTER HD, etc.), I need to set an audio-delay of 0,125 s, to keep audio and video in sync.
As most of my movies have HD-Audio, I´ve set this as my "default-value" for all movies, so that´s fine Big Grin

But of course, there are some movies without HD-Audio (only DTS, Dolby-Digital), and for these I don´t need an according delay.

I can adjust the delay, by pressing the key "a" on my keyboard, and adjust the marker to the corresponding position: need to press the "->" key 5 times, to set audio-delay from 0,125 to 0,000.

So I was thinking of a "macro", the would do this for me. So pressing a specified key, will run a "macro" that does the according procedure (pressing "a", followed by pressing "->" 5 times).

Is it possible to do this with the "keymap.xml" or something like that?

Of course, the best way to solve it, would be to set different "defaults", depending on the Audi-Track, but that´s probably not possible...

I like to make the software more usable for my kids Blush

Thank you for your input/thoughts.

Regards,
Chris
Hi Chris - are you sure it's just with HD Audio - or is it files with certain refresh rates that cause the issues. Many users see audio sync issues, but these tend to manifest itself with files which have a 23.976 refresh rate.

If it is, then you can set your audio delay purely for those files with that refresh rate - see the wiki here http://kodi.wiki/view/Advancedsettings.xml and check under Video Latency.

If you are going to set-up in this manner, you will have to reset the global audio delay you have already set, otherwise you will get a double dip effect. Just reset in reverse to how you set-up, revert slider to 0 and then 'set default for all files'.
HI Steelman,

in this case, it´s not related to refresh-rate.
Most of my movies are HD-material, and have your mentioned refresh-rate of 23,976.
But not all of them have HD-Audio.

So it does not depend on the refresh-rate, as I need to set different audio-delays, depending on the audio-format (for the same video-refresh-rate).

The reason for this is probably my AV-Receiver (in combination with TV), that leads to this different behaviors, and the only solution so far was to adjust the audio-delay in KODI.
Of course, this is one of the reasons I like KODI, as it can be adjusted, I´m just looking for a more convenient method to do so.

So setting according audio-delay for all specific files will probably not solve my problem, but eventually this is another option...

Regards,
Chris

Regards,
Chris
Hi Steelman,

I tried your suggestion to set according audio-delay for files with refresh-rates from 23-24 Hz.
Or more precicely: if display runs in according refresh-mode.

The effect is more or less the same, so I´m quite happy with this solution for now.
It also seems to work for AC3-Sound in according files.

Regards,
Chris