Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Token Issue with some streams
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi guys,
i have some streams that have a token with the wmsAuthSign query, when i get it and i play it it could go on forever (the stream) but if i close it and then try to reaccess it it wont work because that token has expired and the server needs a newer one...the link of a stream is something like this http://site.domain/channelname.m3u8?wmsAuthSign=token.
The token is written on a txt web page, every time you access the web page it generates a new token..
How can i tell kodi to go to that web page, get the token assemble the url and then play the stream through iptv simple client or maybe through the m3u list?
Thanks in advance
Bye
(2015-07-09, 00:53)splashzed Wrote: [ -> ]Hi guys,
i have some streams that have a token with the wmsAuthSign query, when i get it and i play it it could go on forever (the stream) but if i close it and then try to reaccess it it wont work because that token has expired and the server needs a newer one...the link of a stream is something like this http://site.domain/channelname.m3u8?wmsAuthSign=token.
The token is written on a txt web page, every time you access the web page it generates a new token..
How can i tell kodi to go to that web page, get the token assemble the url and then play the stream through iptv simple client or maybe through the m3u list?
Thanks in advance
Bye

+1, I have the same problem
I have a very similar problem, I can get the m3u8 link into the playlist and it will play perfectly, but eventually it expires.

The solution seems simple since it should be something similar to what kapiszon53 mentioned but I'm not a programmer so not sure. Perhaps we can do this with another PVR client/addon?
Hello, super bump, bumpHuh

Can anybody help with this? It seem that it would be a common issue that someone has already resolved, no?
In my case the token expires after 10 minutes.
I am sure there's gotta be a simple solution for this...
Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks
You can't just grab a url with a token & paste it into an m3u file, that will never work. It's only a common issue in that people think it will work, but of course when the token expires your link is useless. The only simple solution is to realise that it will never work in this way, this is most likely why the token exists in the first place.

An addon would have to be created to grab the url & token properly, if your source is legal then you could request that someone creates an addon for it. If it's some dodgy illegal stream then you are out of luck.
(2017-11-03, 17:00)FXB78 Wrote: [ -> ]An addon would have to be created to grab the url & token properly, if your source is legal then you could request that someone creates an addon for it. If it's some dodgy illegal stream then you are out of luck.

Actually yes, it is legal. I have a cable subscription that allows me to watch some of the channels from any device. All I have to do is login and I can watch those channels through a browser, I just wanted to put them in kodi... Now, can somebody help with this? Any help will be much appreciated.
I am still using a very simple solution, which I described 2 years ago:

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2286272