Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Random Titles in Favorites?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey there Smile

Well, I have my MC360 skin working pretty nicely. There's one hitch that I haven't been able to find an answer to, though--perhaps it doesn't exist (yet). I've edited some skin files to include Favorites. One of them is for videos. I have a number of videos that I've created a playlist for so my son can just click on it and his cartoons will play without much fooling around. But I cannot get them to play in a random/shuffled order--they simply play one after the other reguardless. If there a way to have a favorite shuffle the playlist? Right now I'm using XBMC.PlayMedia(Q:/UserData/playlist/video/cartoons). I've junkyard fixed it by selecting xbmc to remember where it left off from the last position, but that's not the solution I really need. I've tried the playlist, etc. I would lik eto know if there's an easy solution to this that someone else might know about.

Thanx,
dk
This is a side effect of the code that treats a playlist as a folder. When you use PLAY on it, its treated like an adhoc playlist and those do not adhere to the settings in the Now Playing windows.

Underneath the covers there are really four internal playlists. The Music Now Playing and Video Now Playing windows provide visibility into two of them. In addition, there are two hidden internal adhoc playlists. PLAY uses the internal playlists, and QUEUE uses the visible playlists.

Now that 2.0.1 is out, I'll be addressing this and simplifying the operation. I'll be removing those internal playlists completely so that PLAY affects the Now PLaying windows directly, and I'm removing the Randomize button from the Now Playing windows.

Music already had one of these changes. Here, PLAY works more like Winamp and Foobar "play" context menu options. It clears the Now Playing window and queues up the items.

But I also just committed the some more of these changes. They only affect music while things get sorted out but afterwards all changes will be synced into Video. The randomize button is now disabled and the operation of shuffle has changed. Shuffle state is now saved, and you can queue items into a shuffled list and they will be shuffled. YOu can then unshuffle them. (Later on, this will likely change so that all the items beyond the current one get fully shuffled. I'm still experimenting with that.)

** edit **
actually its not in cvs. there a conversion happening to svn. expect this in a few days. probably on the weekend.
That's great to hear. Thanx for the info and I'll be looking forward to the updates. There are some really great things happening here and the work is very much apreciated <applause>.

Cheers,
dk