Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Getting old Skip Step functionality
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

Just updated to Kodi 15 RC1 from 14.2 and I noticed from reading the whatsnew and using Kodi that the skip step functionality has changed.

Is it possible to get the old behavior back?

The adaptive skipping has it uses, and it's nice to have from time to time, but in general I find the fixed skips much better.
The biggest problem with the adaptive skipping is that there's a small delay before skipping since it waits to see if you press again.

The other inconvenience is that you don't really gain anything in most cases. Old skipping was +/-3 minutes and you also has a button that went back 7 seconds, so two presses of the step back, got you 6 minutes back, fast. Now, first skip is 10 second, then 30 seconds, then 3 minutes, then 5 minutes. So the only time you do gain from the steps back is when you want to go back/forward 30 seconds.

The third inconvenience is that you don't get to see what you skip. Usually when you skip, you're searching for a particular scene or something of that sort. With the old skip, each press showed you the image at each skip step. Now you just see the skip time, and only then it changes frames which really makes skipping to a certain point a pain.

Please tell me you can change it somewhere in the settings/xml's.
Thanks
Go to System -> Video -> Playback and you can enable / disable the various skip times and adjust the delay. Just disable all of them but 3 minutes and set the delay to 0.
(2015-07-11, 21:23)Shryp Wrote: [ -> ]Go to System -> Video -> Playback and you can enable / disable the various skip times and adjust the delay. Just disable all of them but 3 minutes and set the delay to 0.

Nod

Is there a way to get the "small step back" back. It used to be the W button. Skipped 7 seconds back.
You can modify userdata/keymaps/remote.xml and replace your mapping for
Code:
<back>SmallStepBack</back>
with
Code:
<back>Seek(-7)</back>
(or whatever key you have that functionality mapped to).
Why is this not mentioned in the wiki? 'SmallStepBack' is still listed as if its valid.