Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: CinemaVision: Create a Movie Theater Experience at Home
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2015-09-07, 22:34)GoofyJeff Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-09-07, 22:10)Mark142 Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry if I'm being silly here, how do you get this to work. Ive set up a sequence and saved a default. But I can not find the context menu option to play cinemavison. I am running latest version of Aeon Nox Silvo and openelec 5.95.5.

Thanks

If you want to launch from the Context Menu, you need to also download the Context Menu Launcher from the website, I believe.

(2015-09-07, 23:05)Mark142 Wrote: [ -> ]I watched again and still don't see what I'm doing wrong. I have the folders created in the directory. How do I get it to play trailers etc when I play a movie. It still just plays the movie.

Jeff is correct. There is a second plugin you can download from the website in the tools area for the Context Menu to work. Just install it like you did the CV plugin from in Kodi. You may need to restart Kodi afterwards. At least I had to on one of my systems but not the other. After that they worked great.
I've got it, thanks
(2015-09-07, 15:16)CinemaVision-Scott Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-09-06, 22:38)Dave the Minion Wrote: [ -> ]Scott, there may be an issue with the way CV catalogs files in the CV root. I think it doesn't do a 'clean' when it scans new content instead just looking for new items. After changing or deleting a file from one of the default root folders I believe CV will still think it's there even after an update scan and if it cue's one of these now changed/gone items it will cause a 'skip' in the sequence. You might want to test that out more to see.
Can you provide a log where you have scraped in your trivia content, then exited the add-on, remove some content (don't just exclude it) and force a scrape of the content from the add-on configuration? I'm not seeing this behavior on mine.

This may or may not be directly related to Dave's problem, but yesterday I was playing around in my Trivia folder after downloading additional content that didn't adhere to the naming convention used. The next time I ran CV, I noticed there were several black screen slides. This afternoon I uninstalled CV, and did a fresh install. I have now ran the sequence straight through to the Feature Presentation twice in a row, without getting the black screen trivia slides, or the problem I was having earlier with black screen videos which the only way to resolve that was to Escape out of the sequence.

Now the sequence appears to be working flawlessly, minus a few little things that I mentioned in a PM over at the CV website earlier in the week that are not big deals at all.

Thanks Scott and team for an incredible add-on that will definitely be getting lots of use when I do Movie Night here at Casa Del Jeffito.
(2015-09-07, 23:51)Mark142 Wrote: [ -> ]I've got it, thanks

All set, Mark? Let me know if you need help

(2015-09-07, 23:52)GoofyJeff Wrote: [ -> ]This may or may not be directly related to Dave's problem, but yesterday I was playing around in my Trivia folder after downloading additional content that didn't adhere to the naming convention used. The next time I ran CV, I noticed there were several black screen slides. This afternoon I uninstalled CV, and did a fresh install. I have now ran the sequence straight through to the Feature Presentation twice in a row, without getting the black screen trivia slides, or the problem I was having earlier with black screen videos which the only way to resolve that was to Escape out of the sequence.

Now the sequence appears to be working flawlessly, minus a few little things that I mentioned in a PM over at the CV website earlier in the week that are not big deals at all.

Thanks Scott and team for an incredible add-on that will definitely be getting lots of use when I do Movie Night here at Casa Del Jeffito.

A new version has been uploaded that addresses these issues. It also adds support for MPAA, BBFC, DEJUS and FSK ratings systems and styles for those systems. Go get it! You shouldn't need to rip out your userdata, but it also couldn't hurt, since we're still in Beta. Enjoy! Big Grin
Beta .31 non longer plays music during the trivia/slides segment on my end. The ratings module also seems to be missing.
(2015-09-08, 03:24)MidnightWatcher Wrote: [ -> ]Beta .31 non longer plays music during the trivia/slides segment on my end.

So it's not just me. I thought I screwed something up again after getting 0.0.3.0 working practically flawlessly.
Also in 0.3.1 it seemed to skip modules that were set to play a single random video from a specific directory.
A;; the new TV options do sound cool, but how difficult would it be to implement just a basic TV default sequence for the next Beta or launch updates? This way we can play with 2D, 3D and TV even in basic forms and the massive experience builder can come later? Has the dev expressed how easy/difficult this may be?

Just saw you updated the Beta. Going to install and test now.
(2015-09-08, 03:24)MidnightWatcher Wrote: [ -> ]Beta .31 non longer plays music during the trivia/slides segment on my end. The ratings module also seems to be missing.
(2015-09-08, 03:44)GoofyJeff Wrote: [ -> ]So it's not just me. I thought I screwed something up again after getting 0.0.3.0 working practically flawlessly.

I could recreate the issues you're seeing before deleting the userdata directory for scrip.cinemavision. After removing that and running the add-on, and setting it back up again, I had no issues. Go ahead and do that. I know items in the database were modified with this release, so that may be the root cause of those issues. Let me know how that goes!

(2015-09-08, 03:49)GoofyJeff Wrote: [ -> ]Also in 0.3.1 it seemed to skip modules that were set to play a single random video from a specific directory.

Confirmed this and added it to our bug tracker.

(2015-09-08, 04:23)Dave the Minion Wrote: [ -> ]A;; the new TV options do sound cool, but how difficult would it be to implement just a basic TV default sequence for the next Beta or launch updates? This way we can play with 2D, 3D and TV even in basic forms and the massive experience builder can come later? Has the dev expressed how easy/difficult this may be?

Just saw you updated the Beta. Going to install and test now.

We're currently a bit over our out-of-pocket budget for the add-on as it is, and given what I know about what it took to implement 3D, I'd say this is going to have to wait unless we suddenly get an influx of supporters to help offset the cost of that development. We're also trying not to do anything half-baked for the release, with the exception of Home Automation, because that really would run I'd guess another 30-40 hours of development to get it the way we want it.
I've just had the chance to play with the latest build. I uninstalled the previous build and installed the newest but I didn't delete the userdata CV folder as you suggested. Opened CV to check all the settings and load the pre-saved sequence. Now CV isn't reading or playing videos from the added source locations for trailers and additional custom bumpers. Going to uninstall, kill the userdata folder then reinstall and try again.

Edit - After doing the clean install I found I am able to add local and network shares as sources at the config level which is fantastic. But then in the actual sequence I'm relegated back to only added sources. So things are part-way there.

The issue with trailers and custom bumpers is still there. Not sure why. I've added a few more folders as sources. I can access all these folders through the source menu and can play the files. I have other ways to access some of these sources from within Kodi and the files play. CV is just skipping anything that's not built off the root CV directory now. Also, instead of playing 2 different trailers fron the Kodi database as a source it plays the same trailer twice.

I've exited Kodi and restarted and things still fails the same. I've even rebooted my PC. Not sure what's going on now as the root CV folder is now a network share and modules built off the default CV folders work but nothing else does. This happens when launching CV from the info screen and from within the add-on. What worked in the previous build isn't working now as far as these sources go.

I've confirmed the same actions occurring on 2 different set-ups. CV is skipping anything not in the default root CV folder.
(2015-09-07, 16:40)CinemaVision-Scott Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-09-07, 16:05)f@ve_96 Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks Scott! After setting the 2D sequence it works.
Now there's another problem though.
The very first video bumper (it's a custom clip) just shows a completely black screen. Colors and menu only come back when the second video bumper (it's one from the CV website) starts.

Make sure you force a content update via the configuration/settings for the add-on. It may not have scraped that video in. If that doesn't do it, tell me about the file. What's the extension, what's the name, etc. Also shoot over a log for me to review. Maybe there's something telling in it.

Just updated to 0.0.31 version and now it works (didn't change my configurations) Blush
Can anyone confirm that this is working on a fire tv ?
Ok here goes....

Im getting a key value error shown in this log here...

Key Value Error

I believe it is caused by the temp.cvseq file as shown here...

temp.cvseq fire tv

which looks different to the same file on windows ...

temp.cvseq windows

I believe this is caused by the "ugly text node problem" as described here...

[url=http://stackoverflow.com/questions/749796/pretty-printing-xml-in-python
]Ugly text node problem/ solution[/url]

I changed the code in sequence.py to this ....

New sequence.py

and CV now works on the fire tv. saving new sequences also works.

Not sure if this is specific to me or is firetv related ?
Hopefully we can work out where to go from here.

I am on version 0.30.

thx.
(2015-09-05, 03:16)Dave the Minion Wrote: [ -> ]What app do you use on your ipad? And how are you launching the movie itself from within that app?

I use "XBMCee" for iPad. It's like the original XBMC Remote app, but with a more modern look.
There I have a movie list. if I tap on a movie, it directly plays in XBMC.

Would be really nice if someone can tell how to edit the XBMC files so that Cinema Experience always starts before a movie, no matter what play button I press.
Just wanted to say awesome work!

Keep it up!! You have the best addon for Kodi!!!!! Big Grin