Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: List order of channels
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
The channel list order set on the VBox is not reflected on the add-on.

Maybe another option should be added to the two ones available to take the order from the VBox.
Can you pastebin the contents of the following URL? Replace YOUR_VBOX_IP with the actual IP address of your device.

Code:
http://YOUR_VBOX_IP/cgi-bin/HttpControl/HttpControlApp?OPTION=1&Method=GetXmltvChannelsList&FromChIndex=FirstChannel&ToChIndex=LastChannel

Are the channels listed in the correct order there?
Hallo and thanks for the reply. Here it is:

http://pastebin.com/Dzi3WUVT

And yes they appear in the correct order.
Have you checked the "use backend channel order" in Kodi's settings?
yes is checked both use channel orders and channel numbers from backend.
ok solved the problem (in a way....) to unchecking and using kodi to order the channels the way I want but it does not really fix the problem of the add-on....
It must be a Kodi issue then. The addon doesn't touch the ordering at all, it just sends them in the sequence they appear in that XML. I'll need to do some testing, I haven't rearranged my channel list at all.
thanks.
My friend found a novel way to put bouqets in order in the delimiter line : you need to edit channels.conf and at the begining of the line in bouqeuts swap :@ with :A when kodi reads file it reads in alphabetical order, works fine for me.
I've recently purchased a VBOX and have had the same frustrating issue with the channel numbering/ordering

I spent ages in the VBOX interface to set the correct channel numbers and ordering - which is certainly not the best of interfaces IMO.

I then hooked up KODI and found that it uses a completely different order despite using the "Use Channel Numbers from Backend" and "Use Channel Names from Backend" options.

I came across this post, which suggests that KODI will always sort all channels with the same or with no channel number by name.
http://trac.kodi.tv/ticket/15862

This certainly seems to be the behaviour I'm seeing - the channels seem to list mostly in alphabetical order.

It looks to me like the issue here is that the VBOX doesn't pass along the channel numbers. I'm not sure if that's an add-on issue, or possible firmware improvement. But I certainly hope this is something that will be sorted in a future release.

In the meantime I shall look at editing channels.conf as dale094 suggests.
Check in the side bar in Kodi that you haven't accidentally sorted the channel list by name.
thanks for the suggestion though I have checked that. I have also tried several times clearing the channel and epg data and but no luck...the channel numbers and order from the backend don't come through, despite having checked the use channel numbers/channel order from the backend options.

I'm on kodi 15.1 with v1.3.8 of the plugin, running on ubuntu 14.04

The channels come through in the correct order if I goto the url you gave above.

Has anyone managed to get the channels through in the same order as in the vbox backend?

Any more suggestions for what I can try/is there any information I can provide to help debug the issue?
What happens when you sort them by number in Kodi? Are you saying they're still sorted alphabetically?
Yes that's correct.

If I have the "use backend channel order" option checked, then the option to sort by name/channel number in the left pane of the EPG is greyed out, and the channels are listed mostly in alphabetical order.

If I have the "use channel numbers from backend" option checked, then most of the channels have a channel number of 0. Though if I scroll down I find some channels do have numbers, but nothing like the numbers in the vbox backend - they'll have very random numbers like 5932.

I was reading here: http://trac.kodi.tv/ticket/15862 which suggests that if channels have the same number then kodi will always order them alphabetically regardless of the "use channel numbers from backend" option - and this seems to be what is happening in my case.

The only way I can get the channels to list in the correct order, and with the correct numbers is to untick both the "use backend channel order" and "use channel numbers from backend" options, and then order them manually in the kodi interface. The unfortunate thing is that I have 3 different devices running kodi, so I'd prefer to only have to configure the numbers in the backend.

I've tried clearing the channel and EPG data several times so that the channel numbers are re-gathered, but this doesn't make a difference.

I also have a large number of crashes - for example whenever I try to clear the channel numbers and/or EPG data - or when tick/untick the option to Enable/Disable Live TV. It seems that if the machine has been left Idle for a while then it crashes whenever I try something PVR-related. I am going to try upgrading to one of the v16 Nightly builds and see whether this is more stable - also in the hope that I might be able to get the series link option that is promised in v16.

Failing that, I may experiment with using TVHeadend - though that will mean I'll need to leave my mediapc powered on in order to get the recordings - rather than just having the vbox powered on and writing the recordings directly to my NAS device.
If your NAS supports it you could consider DVBLink - that is what I am using as an interim, might be long term, measure - that way I only have to leave VBox and NAS turned on.
Pages: 1 2