Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Intel VAAPI howto with Leia v18 nightly based on Ubuntu 18.04 server
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
@Milhouse
You´re right. With Confluence it works. Now i'am surprised, that i can't go back to Aeon Nox 5 after i cleaned the library. Very strange
Not strange at all. You can't go back to or load an incompatible skin that doesn't have support for DialogConfirm.xml - without this support Kodi can't show the dialog "Are you sure you want to keep this skin?" while using the new skin. Kodi can't even notify you of the failure if the skin doesn't support DialogNotification.xml (pre-xbmc.gui API 5.11.0 skins will not support either XML).

Due to the DialogConfirm.xml failure your original skin, Confluence, is reloaded.
(2016-01-31, 12:15)tovaxxx Wrote: [ -> ]@Milhouse
You´re right. With Confluence it works. Now i'am surprised, that i can't go back to Aeon Nox 5 after i cleaned the library. Very strange

If you update from git, Aeon Nox 5 supports Krypton.
Use the download zip button and install from zip file.
Are there any plans to repair the "valleyview_update_wm [i915_bpol]] *ERROR* timed out waiting for Punit DDR DVFS" problem for Braswells? Instead of having to install a different kernel?
No ... that's a kernel bug and Ubuntu does not care to fix it ... it is already fixed in 4.3 and later and so upstream also does not care ...
(2016-01-31, 00:41)fritsch Wrote: [ -> ]Don't cut logfiles, please ... Fernet for sure won't go to my github and check which revision of his code currently is in my latest build, please.
Quote:ERROR: Read - Error( -1, 22, Invalid argument ) - Retrying

^^

Reproduced again, complete log http://pastebin.com/pYJGbpSa
At 19:10 video just froze. No falling into main menu, UI responds to controls, but no audio/video playback. After I did seeking it continued to play.
http://pasted.co/c1f12b3a
Please upgrade to the latest version on the 29th there was some buggy AEStream changes that were already fixed.
just for information: tear free seems not to be necessary any more for chromium. tested with 7.0.2 from oe unofficial repo
(2016-02-01, 10:52)the-dreamer Wrote: [ -> ]just for information: tear free seems not to be necessary any more for chromium. tested with 7.0.2 from oe unofficial repo

Nice - good to know.
@fritsch: you need to modify kodi-platform/package.mk:

Quote:@@ -32,10 +32,12 @@ PKG_LONGDESC="kodi-platform:"
PKG_IS_ADDON="no"
PKG_AUTORECONF="no"

configure_target() {
cmake -DCMAKE_TOOLCHAIN_FILE=$CMAKE_CONF \
+ -DCMAKE_INSTALL_LIBDIR=/usr/lib \
+ -DCMAKE_INSTALL_LIBDIR_NOARCH=/usr/lib \
-DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/usr \
-DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX_TOOLCHAIN=$SYSROOT_PREFIX/usr \
-DCMAKE_MODULE_PATH=$SYSROOT_PREFIX/usr/lib/kodi \
-DCMAKE_PREFIX_PATH=$SYSROOT_PREFIX/usr \
-DBUILD_SHARED_LIBS=0 \

with this modification the build will not fail because of the link from /usr/lib64 to /usr/lib.

i don't know why it is working for you but no package is installing the results to usr/lib64 because it is only a link and cannot be overriden with a folder. cp will always fail. the patch above will set the install path to /usr/lib/ .
Can you send a PR? Best to official openELEC i will rebase onto those then.
never done a pr before. i will start a build from official oe which actual takes on my very fast build machine 12 hours. to verifiy if this problem is also there. if yes i'll do a pr
I thought the times when compiling takes hours (linux kernel during late 90s) are gone Big Grin
maybe, but with a j1900 we are back... :-D

actually i am not in hurry so it is okay ;-)