Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Intel VAAPI howto with Leia v18 nightly based on Ubuntu 18.04 server
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2016-03-19, 19:37)artur9 Wrote: [ -> ]I noticed this crashlog this morning:

http://sprunge.us/RDAV

From today's startup:
13:23:19 T:140621670520896 NOTICE: Running on OpenELEC (community) - Version: devel-20160315091733-r22305-g6be9ebe 7.0, kernel: Linux x86 64-bit version 4.4.5
TV is off, no kodi is coming up.
Does anyone know of a version of this guide for installing a no-desktop environment and getting the most out of the stable builds?

You know, for those of us who have girlfriends/fiance's/wives/etc we live in, and if the HTPC crashes even once, wind up in a 2 hour argument about why we cant just have normal TV like everyone else? :p

I - for one - really don't care about the latest features or performance, I just want to get the most out of a rock stable version :p
(2016-03-19, 22:43)mattlach Wrote: [ -> ]Does anyone know of a version of this guide for installing a no-desktop environment and getting the most out of the stable builds?

You know, for those of us who have girlfriends/fiance's/wives/etc we live in, and if the HTPC crashes even once, wind up in a 2 hour argument about why we cant just have normal TV like everyone else? :p

I - for one - really don't care about the latest features or performance, I just want to get the most out of a rock stable version :p

sounds like you should be running a stable build of OpenELEC then
Hi, i think this included in latest openelec milhouse test builds ? #0316 Or should i install this build instead http://fritsch.fruehberger.net/openelec/...r_testing/ ?

Should i use the kodi configuration mention in first post to get best quality of movies, or just stick with the kodi defualt configuration.
I think you should read the howto..
I read it already, , he provided a link to this builds
http://fritsch.fruehberger.net/openelec/...r_testing/

I still want to know if this already included now in current milhouse test build. Hopefuly someone could simply answer yes or no Smile
Thank you in advance.
yes - stick with milhouse builds.
(2016-03-20, 12:07)fritsch Wrote: [ -> ]yes - stick with milhouse builds.

Thank you for replaying, i can see the guide is old . So should i apply the configuration in this guide for better image quality , or now the latest milhouse build come with same / or better configuration as default ?
Yes - man. This guide here is used by more than half a million users. And you know they all use these settings cause they like the worst and most ugly looking video processing ...
I was configured latest milhouse test build to use render method software , and disable vdpau , vaapi .
I run it on i7 with intel hd3000
Picture quality is great , no playback issues.

Then i saw this thread , i tried the guide . Can't notice much difference. But now i lip sync not good.

I want to know your expert opinion about disabling hardware acc and use software render ? Sorry if my questions is boring or dumb , i 'm not a pro. Just experienced user .
They are sadly not that smart :-) as exactly this is described with pictures in the very first post.
One question about dvblink pvr it's not staying enabled and automatically gets back to disable state. I tried to install other builds but it doesn't let me. Is it going to be fixed in next build?
dvbviwer was disabled in in our addons repo because it was broken. In the meantime it was enabled again: https://github.com/xbmc/repo-binary-addo...52330e2e61
First thanks for all the development here on the EGL features.

I am using the latest EGL 6.0x version for a few months now and am very happy with it so far. The colors are great for movies (mkv, avi etc.). But a few days ago I noticed, that the color range does not fit when watching live TV. Especially when watching a movie where there are black bars at top and bottom of the screen. They are very dark grey and not black. The same bars with MKV movies from HDD are really black. I have VDR running as backend and frontend on the same machine.

I checked the settings several times but cannot find an error / misconfiguration. Maybe I missed something and didn't realize that it would not work for live TV but I see no reason why it souldn't...

Can somebody please clear up if live TV should also work with the correct color range like for my movies? If it should do, please advise me where to look to find a fix for that.

Thanks a lot!

QBJack
Revisit with latest v17 build as OE 6.0 has no support anymore.

You can easily make a screenshot (press printscreen) from a movie and from such live tv sessions. They grey values will end up untouched. Also we need to know how you run kodi ... is "Use Limited Range" ticked? Is the GPU driver set to "Full Range, Limited, whatever" and what deinterlacer you use -> post a Debug Log.