Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Intel VAAPI howto with Leia v18 nightly based on Ubuntu 18.04 server
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Too bad :-) -> file an upstream bug.

I don't have any skylake hardware - so you - as early adapter - need to to the upstream bugfixing work.
black screen problem when switching refresh rate still appears with kernel 4.5 -.-
-> upstream bug. Nothing we can do.
(2016-04-01, 15:42)fritsch Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-04-01, 00:08)mule1 Wrote: [ -> ]Deleted the TVxy.db files, but after restart channel loading times are again very slow and kodi crashes when trying to access TV menu while channels are being loaded.

I updated the VNSI client. Can you retry?
Sorry to say, but same symptoms with latest build. Do you need the logs once again?

Maybe the crash issue exists for a longer time, but never came up because of the much faster channel loading times i may never did try to access the TV menu before all channel data has been loaded. I'm just guessing.
Basically I have no idea where this crash is coming from. FernetMenta and me are using the very same combination as you do. Did I already ask: "Save EPG in local database is off", right?

The EPG loading was made async, so if it crashes - then there is some locking missing somewhere. The crashlog (in your home directory) would be of high value.
The constantly dropping fps (in the codec screen) will be fixed with next build.
I repoened the 4.4 kernel bug: https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=93703

And also, this build:
http://fritsch.fruehberger.net/openelec/...ef7b3f.tar

makes video all f'd up. Also tried from OE7.0->8.0->7.0 works OK so far.
Thanks for this detailled report. No idea what "f'd up" means.
(2016-04-01, 22:36)_Spook_ Wrote: [ -> ]The new kernel/intel stuff breaks the sound on my NUC6i5SYK...sorry for no logs. Will provide later.

I removed all the SKL SOC support again in the most recent build ... though this really needs fixing upstream ... that will break audio support for all SKLs that need SOC support.
(2016-04-03, 09:14)fritsch Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for this detailled report. No idea what "f'd up" means.

That was the best words I could come up with since picture was all fucked up. Black with green stripes. So a better word would be no image...
I think I have repeated that now 25 times to you especially. Nobody will or can help you without a proper Debug Log without those, given that you run hardware nobody else is running, is just noise and nothing can be done besides ignoring those statements.
I did log it: https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=93703#c20

But no biggie. I just reverted to the march 29th build and all good.
That logfile has nothing to do green video ... it's only about your sound card not being detected ... I patched out all SKL SOCs in the latest version ..
Well, seems no one else had issues with that so just disregard my comment. I would have provided other logs if I was able to see the GUI. I will try the new build and if it's not present there it's a non-issue.
The latest build the audio works again and no video glitch. Thanks! Smile