Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Intel VAAPI howto with Leia v18 nightly based on Ubuntu 18.04 server
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Yeah, as said: No Debug Log no issue. Most issues I have seen in this regard are either shitty network, problematic protocols on Windows shares or totall broken setting - but as said: No logfile no issue.
Fritsch,
You are my hero!

For those that may need to see a before and after, Here is the standard OpenElec build"Top" vs. fritsch and company's (New Era Of VAPPI) build "bottom".

Banding is just about non-existent, what is left could be the monitor I'm using.

And black level's on crappy office monitor and office lighting:
@oshan :-) Yeah, congratulation.
(2015-09-10, 20:12)fritsch Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah, as said: No Debug Log no issue. Most issues I have seen in this regard are either shitty network, problematic protocols on Windows shares or totall broken setting - but as said: No logfile no issue.

Sorry no logs, but for some more info, this is what I did (Intel haswell NUC i3):
  1. update on top of my 100% working openelec 5.95.5 (latest beta)
  2. results as I said, 3D MVC = black screen instead of the nice 2D playback with openelec 5.95.5 and bigger AVC files = many frame drops and skipped frames (no buffering, so not a network issue)
  3. update back to openelec 5.95.5 = everything is fine again on the same setup without changing anything to the network nor anything else.

Perhaps the problem could have been caused by updating on top of the latest beta...

Anyway, back to the latest beta as it's working great.

Thanks.
Sorry for totally OT question. I really want to keep testing these fantastic Jarvis builds but I have a problem with library views that that might sound superficial, but it's important to the rest of the family when using Kodi (this is not a problem in Isengard + same issue with any skin). I'm not expecting help here but maybe someone could point me to a relevant thread.

Problem: Is "sort by: default" removed in jarvis when inside a library (any library)? I can't find it.

I use plexbmc and without "sort by: default" option shit goes bad, without getting into detail. Would be thankful for any help or direction.
having several problems with h264 and h265 (screen freeze at film start)

i will post a log asap

asap i understand how and my son goes to bed Big Grin
(2015-09-10, 20:37)Mangoes Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-09-10, 20:12)fritsch Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah, as said: No Debug Log no issue. Most issues I have seen in this regard are either shitty network, problematic protocols on Windows shares or totall broken setting - but as said: No logfile no issue.

Sorry no logs, but for some more info, this is what I did (Intel haswell NUC i3):
  1. update on top of my 100% working openelec 5.95.5 (latest beta)
  2. results as I said, 3D MVC = black screen instead of the nice 2D playback with openelec 5.95.5 and bigger AVC files = many frame drops and skipped frames (no buffering, so not a network issue)
  3. update back to openelec 5.95.5 = everything is fine again on the same setup without changing anything to the network nor anything else.

Perhaps the problem could have been caused by updating on top of the latest beta...

Anyway, back to the latest beta as it's working great.

Thanks.

Spending the time typing this and switching versions etc was probably all the time it would take to grab the logs Fritsch is asking for. You are wasting your time on a build like this if you aren't going to put any effort in - it helps nobody
(2015-09-10, 20:13)oshan Wrote: [ -> ]Fritsch,
You are my hero!

For those that may

And black level's on crappy office monitor and office lighting:

your 17 level is really visible...mine not...but my tv is a plasma

is correct yours ?
@Rob77: We had this conversation in OpenELEC some weeks ago. Your TV is doing an auto contrast. You did not even see a difference between Full Range and Limited Range :-)
here we are my log
http://xbmclogs.com/pfjkuucjl

start an h264 or 265 film on my haswell chromebox it freeze at startup...some time i can junp to% of a film but it freezes or play in slowmotion

edit:freeze also with sd content
(2015-09-10, 21:15)fritsch Wrote: [ -> ]@Rob77: We had this conversation in OpenELEC some weeks ago. Your TV is doing an auto contrast. You did not even see a difference between Full Range and Limited Range :-)

this was with the holiday lcd.

ere i notice difference and i use full with xrandr, dither and full in panny range rgb

now i am with my panny vt 60 calobrated by me in professional mode

contrast 80
brightness +3

25 to 18 level visible
17 not really few visible

H
(2015-09-10, 21:25)Roby77 Wrote: [ -> ]here we are my log

start an h264 or 265 film on my haswell chromebox it freeze at startup...some time i can junp to% of a film but it freezes or play in slowmotion

Quote:21:15:36 T:140129634494208 DEBUG: CDVDClock:Big Griniscontinuity - CVideoPlayerAudio::OutputPacket - was:-30327705009233678478138127000964368957440.000000, should be:30297377304224446385770664208356881802985472.000000, error:30327705009233679406593156464999575131783168.000000

@FernetMenta: That's something for you I think :-)
downgraded to
OpenELEC-Generic.x86_64-6.0-devel-20150906222356-r21279-g833c484.tar

all works again
(2015-09-10, 21:25)Roby77 Wrote: [ -> ]here we are my log

that was without "sync playback to display", right?
yes cause i read on first page*

Quote:System -> Video -> Playback
Sync Playback to Display: On (* This makes no sense when you want to use passthrough - with perfect display clocks it does not harm though)
Adjust display refresh rate to match video: On Start / Stop

my setup is Chromebox> Denon AVR set in passthrough> Tv

no problem until this new build

refresh rate always set correctly to 24/50/60 depending to source type (pal ntsc bluray)

*= my english is terrible so maybe i misunderstood the real function of sync to playback and not using it with avr

i will try later, asap my son goes to bed, with synch on

please take note that is use a script to change audio profiles (but i didn't change audio profiles during logging)