Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Intel VAAPI howto with Leia v18 nightly based on Ubuntu 18.04 server
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2015-09-15, 08:05)fritsch Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-09-14, 23:57)ggp759 Wrote: [ -> ]The isengard based builds have resolved the 1080/24p a/v sync issues for me. Thanks for the hard work!

Thanks for this feedback, though Isengard is no solution - but old code. We need to fix that in our development version. So it would be cool if you could test from time to time. Btw. does it help, if you put the following advancedsettings.xml to /storage/.kodi/userdata directory:

Code:
<advancedsettings>
<video>
  <latency>
    <delay>0</delay>
    <refresh>
      <min>23</min>
      <max>24</max>
      <delay>0</delay> <!-- set to zero or adjust if audio seems out of sync with 24p movies -->
     </refresh>
  </latency>
</video>
</advancedsettings>

^^ For OpenELEC only if you have constant out of sync issues with our Jarvis build that has moved audio syncing to AE itself and therefore is technically superior.

Thanks. Will give it a try. In the settings you provided the text after the ! should be there or are just instructions for me? Sorry for asking am a newbie
Sorry - I did not get it - can you rephrase?

Edit: Ah lol

Code:
<!-- set to zero or adjust if audio seems out of sync with 24p movies -->

^^ this is a comment in xml, started with <!-- and ended with -->
Hi,

I've BSW hardware (Beebox with N3000 and 1x4GB DDR3L memory). I've installed Kodi on Ubuntu Server 15.04 applying in 100% your guide from post #1. But I've constant problem with all files VAAPI accelerated - they freeze every few seconds for about 1/2 second. I've checked all logs and the only thing I've found is message in dmesg which appears to be well in-line with these freezes. Here is the message:

[drm:valleyview_update_wm [i915]] *ERROR* timed out waiting for Punit DDR DVFS request .

Could you tell me what's going on and how to fix it?
See the second post - you miss the correct kernel and post the logfiles required from post 1.
Two Three things:

a) your kodi is not uptodate - your run a non HEVC capable version, mind upgrading? <- not the issue
b) I see the issue, it happens whenever the refreshrate changes on movie start. Does it help to disable "Adjust Refreshrate to match video"? <- symptome
c) Did you use the updated intel driver or better this one: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/5572..._amd64.deb
Ad a) It's strange since everything I've is from 3 wsnipex ppas from post #1 - I've updated system few hours ago and as you can see from my logs i'm runnin Kodi (16.0-ALPHA3 Git:be9cf81) compiled today. I've checked right now ppa and it's latest available Kodi. Where from should I get correct Kodi with HEVC?

Ad b) It seems to disappear (or totally minimise) with "Adjust Refreshrate to match video" disabled. But movie stopped suddenly after about 90 secs.

Ad c) Right now I've only packages from Ubuntu repositories and from 3 wsnipex ppas from post #1. I'll check this new package and give info how it helps.
a) apt-cache policy kodi | pastebinit
b) please another log when those stop - do they freeze? include dmesg | pastebinit after this happening
c) was build by me - cause ubuntu's package is out of date - was done by me
BigL ... for what it's worth, I originally started out with an Ubuntu build based on the 1st message of this thread, then later switched to the OpenElec builds that fritsch has here: http://fritsch.fruehberger.net/openelec/

On my cheapo Baytrail box the OpenElec build runs WAY better... everything just works.
a) http://paste.ubuntu.com/12419262/ - as you can see it's latest (from today) from xbmc-fernetmenta-master ppa.
b) yes - freeze (but i can stop and go back to Kodi interface). dmesg shows only standard messages ("timed out waiting for Punit DDR DVFS request").
c) I've upgraded to your intel driver, enabled again "Adjust Refreshrate to match video" and so far no problems. Additionally now my TV instantly synchronises to new refresh rate (with previous intel driver it took about 1 second so I've not seen first seconf of movie).
a) it's correct - I wondered about fernet's 2.7-kodi-master tagged version - but he just did not change it to 2.8 (string wise)
b) It still freezes? also with the new driver?
c) good
Thanks for nailing down this issue :-)
BTW I haven't seen message with info about updated Intel driver (this thread is so big ...). Maybe you should mention it in post #1?
It's in the second post.

So all freezing is gone - if not - I still have something I can give you - a kernel a revisited for BSW intel dev.
(2015-09-15, 20:15)cscoppa Wrote: [ -> ]BigL ... for what it's worth, I originally started out with an Ubuntu build based on the 1st message of this thread, then later switched to the OpenElec builds that fritsch has here: http://fritsch.fruehberger.net/openelec/

On my cheapo Baytrail box the OpenElec build runs WAY better... everything just works.
Thanks for this proposition. I've thought about at least trying OpenElec but:
1. I want to run Kodi (mainly for wideo) with mpd (for pure headless audio - main purpose of Beebox for me) and samba CIFS home server so OpenElec is not a solution for me since it's not so easy to add other packages to it. I need full distro.
2. I thought that fritsch provides ready to run images (like live CD iso images) but 've checked it and they are installation images needed to be deployed every time on SDD.

So for my needs it's much better to update packages from ppa, restart kodi service, do tests and have mpd running all the time in the background.
Quote:2. I thought that fritsch provides ready to run images (like live CD iso images) but 've checked it and they are installation images needed to be deployed every time on SDD.

just enter "live" (without "") when it comes up. It will then run a non persistent Live Mode-

Concerning your other issue: Everything fine now, right?