Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Intel VAAPI howto with Leia v18 nightly based on Ubuntu 18.04 server
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2015-09-21, 23:27)fritsch Wrote: [ -> ]New master builds online. Looking good so far. Some rought edges a little bit on movie start with sync adjustments - but that's fine tuning. Adjust Refreshrate is working fine again. Usual location: http://fritsch.fruehberger.net/openelec/?C=M;O=D

Don't forget to sort by date :-)

20150921224011-r21344-g55f4258 is a no-go on the ChromeBox, locks up after boot / Kodi UI load, no keyboard/mouse input accepted, no SSH access, Kore/YATSE show as offline. Strangely, events like suspend/resume and USB insertion/removal seem to be handled normally (ie, notifications show)
Cool :-) Makes me wonder. There were other OE bumps as always ...

I will do a full rebuild after make clean. I really hate that stuff - OE is just bumping any libs it can find ... while we really had a well working base before that ...
OE Jarvis build 19-Sep-2015 - dimmed all the times except while button pressed or movie played. is it OK and how can i regulate the dimming? BTW i've screensaver switched off.
Another problem: following instructions and Page 1 i have Ubuntu 15.04 and Kodi 16 installed - all works great except PVR functions. sudo apt-get install kodi-pvr-iptvsimple and i got IPTV simple PVR add-on installed but it always in Disabled state. I switch it ON and go to system-> TV-> General and set Enable and got an error message that i have no PVR add-on Enabled. Checking state of add-on - it's Disabled again.
PPA: The addons in the ppa need a rebuild as the API was bumped in mainline
Jarvis: Retry with the new version that I currently upload - will be there in ~ 30 minutes. Most likely Application.cpp does not yet honor the non global player. We will see.
Hi together,

today i bought a Intel nuc5ppyh because the banding with my nvidia card is not so nice. I hope with the new hardware and openelec version there are all problems gone Smile

@fritsch
did you make a new Isengard version or is the version from 150920 bugfree with adjust refreshrate ?
All fine ... "bug free" <- that was funny.
(2015-09-22, 10:33)Eisi2005 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi together,

today i bought a Intel nuc5ppyh ...

Hi mate, i'm using the same hardware Nod , Videos plays great, the only problem i got with OE build from that thread is a dimming while menus are open. I.e. when "home" screen is open all screen goes dim, like backlight is decreased. No screensavers or power savings features activated. And it only happens with OpenElec build. No such problem with Kodi (both OE & K from this thread).
Yeah as economic people, we take care that we save power ...
Btw. can you switch the screensaver to "black" instead? Enable debugging and try to capture a Debug Log?
Just tried OpenELEC-Generic.x86_64-6.0-devel-20150922082956-r21345-ga83b5af build - still got dimming but only when dialog is open i.e. it is dimmed while adding source and typing in source destination. No dimming in home screen.
You know how backlight goes down step by step - here is the same.
Fritsch - gimme 5 mins plz
Debug Log please - this is only fernet's master build without additional patches.

Enable debugging, restart, let it go dim sometimes, please.
Here is my log
Just notice the dimming effect while movie played not only in menus.
Screensaver set as Black - no difference.
Don't you have dynamic contrast activated in tv settings ?
(2015-09-22, 10:28)fritsch Wrote: [ -> ]PPA: The addons in the ppa need a rebuild as the API was bumped in mainline

I'm installing Kodi from ppa atm, should I wait until tomorrow morning to have the latest version with addons?