Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Pogdesign TV Calendar Sync
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pogdesign TV Calendar Sync

pogdesign-sync is a simple addon for Kodi/XBMC. It automatically scans your whole TV Shows database and synchronize watched episodes with your http://www.pogdesign.co.uk/cat/ calendar (TVC).

It's an early realease. It works good but it might be better (fits my needs though). Please let me know if you are interested in something like this and I will continue my development.

Intro
You may ask why I even bother with a TV calendar that doesn't have a proper name and domain (pogdesign WTF?). Isn't Trakt.tv better? Probably it is, but I've been using TVC for years now and I love it. It's fast, simple, clean and reliable. Even with Kodi + SickRage I'm still checking TVC to see what shows has been released and I'm marking those episodes that I've watched.

Please note that I'm not a professional developer and it was my first encounter with Python/Kodi. Addon is so simple that it can't breake anything, but it might not work properly in 100% situations.

Features
Brace yourself because the addon is just feature-rich! Here we go:
  1. Scan Kodi's library and automatically mark watched episodes on http://www.pogdesign.co.uk/cat/ calendar.
It's a one way synchronization - script selects only watched episodes from Kodi's database and marks them as watched on the online calendar. It does NOT go in the opposite direction. Also it does NOT unmark unwatched episodes.

Synchronization is performed when:
  • Kodi has been launched.
  • Video library has been refreshed.

Compatibility:
Addon was tested on Kodi 14.2 Helix for Windows and on OpenELEC 5.95.2 for RaspberryPi 2. It should work on other versions, becasue it doesn't need any dependencies.

How to use it
  1. Download .zip from here - Download
  2. Unpack it and edit in Notepad file service.py
  3. Go to lines 8, 9 and type your USERNAME and PASS for the TVC. Save the file.
  4. Repack folder once again into .zip. It should looks like this -> click.
  5. In Kodi go to Settings > Add-ons > Install from zip file > Choose created zip file.
  6. That's all. Addon will work in background. It doesn't display any notifications.

Future plans
  • Simple GUI for editing settings.
  • Short notifications when calendar has been synced.
  • Web scraping optimization.
  • Full two way sync (configurable).
  • Perform sync on finish watching episode.
I know how to do most of the things, I just need some time.

GitHub
https://github.com/rafakob/service.pogdesign.sync
I've been looking for something just like this. Very cool.
Loving this addon! Been using it for quite some time, but recently, like in the last couple of days pogdesign changed stuff on their website. And since that it seems the addon dont work anymore. Are there any plans on updating the addon?
could someone verify if it‘s working or not.
I'd like to use it too.Anyone knows if it works or not?
Yeah I know, it does not work anymore. It stopped working a few weeks back when tvcalendar/pogdesign changed stuff on their website. I have tried contacting the author through email a few times, with no reply. And he hasn't been online here for almost a year. So I guess we are SOL on this one. Sadly.
any Updates on this plugin ?
(2016-11-15, 20:08)FevLoad Wrote: [ -> ]any Updates on this plugin ?

version 0.1.2 just works for me with kodi 17.1rc so I guess no need.