Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Removing IMDB score ratings in Eminence 2? [Updated]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Updated for Eminence 2

Any idea how you remove the IMDB/TVDB/TMDB numerical score ratings within the title lists in Eminence 2?

Media Info and Media Info 2 views (if that helps)

Thanks in advance.
(2015-07-12, 23:15)hollyt9 Wrote: [ -> ]1: In media info view, how do you remove the star icon ratings from item descriptions?

Open View_50_List.xml and go to the FIRST AND THIRD occurrence of:
Code:
<control type="label">
    <right>30</right>
    [...]
</control>

... and add the <visible>-tag line like:
Code:
<control type="label">
    <visible>!StringCompare(ListItem.Label2,ListItem.Rating)</visible>
    <right>30</right>
    [...]
</control>

This way the ratings get removed but you still keep the second label if it's used for something else. (e.g. number of episodes)
But note: As the StringCompare function gets called for every element in the list, it could lead to a noticable performance hit
if you are using a big video library on a low performance device like the RPi. Just try it for your own.

(2015-07-12, 23:15)hollyt9 Wrote: [ -> ]2: In list view, how you remove the IMDB/TVDB numerical score ratings?

Open View_59_MediaInfo3.xml and go to
Code:
<control type="grouplist">
    <include>Animation.FadeIn</include>
    <include>Animation.FadeOut</include>
    <right>2</right>
    [...]
</control>

Just remove the whole <control>-element or add a <visible>-tag line like:
Code:
<control type="grouplist">
    <visible>false</visible>
    <include>Animation.FadeIn</include>
    <include>Animation.FadeOut</include>
    <right>2</right>
    [...]
</control>

If you choose to make it via <visible>-tag, you get the possibility to show the rating stars again in future just by removing the added line again.
Thank you josch, you are always very helpful!

Both suggestions worked perfectly. I didn't notice any performance issues with the View_50_List.xml mod, though my library is not huge (only about 100 movies and 50 TV shows).
Any idea how you remove the IMDB/TVDB/TMDB numerical score ratings in Eminence 2?

Media Info and Media Info 2 views (if that helps)

Thanks in advance.
@hollyt9 - If you are using Krypton checkout latest git version. I added an option in Skin Settings > Panels > Show additional labels in lists. Disable that and it will get rid of the extra labels and only show main label and watched indicator.

Smile

EDIT: also in your op, I think you meant to write "Updated Jan 2017" -- I was a little confused at first about the 2016 bit haha.
Thanks JM!!!