Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Kodi RC Auto Updates in Android
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Why are you placing release candidates in the Google Playstore ?

For some reason as soon as I log into my gmail account my Kodi 14.2 Stable auto updates to Isengard RC2.

It does not work as well on my device and I do not want to upgrade. All my other apps request permission to upgrade but Kodi does it without me even knowing.

Could you please consider to only upload stable releases to the Google playstore or at least look into why it is updating automatically on my system ( M8S -S812 Processor ).
We can't control how Google handles auto updates. We've already stated a number of times why RC2 is on the Google Play Store. If it's not working well on your device then that is alarming and we want to know about it, because what you see is most likely what you'll get for the final stable release. There are very few changes between RC 2 and what we believe will be v15.0 final, so please speak now if there is a major issue.
(2015-07-16, 03:20)Packetcrypt Wrote: [ -> ]All my other apps request permission to upgrade but Kodi does it without me even knowing.

Look better at your settings. You probably are on auto-update and only apps requesting new permissions do ask something in this mode.