Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Pidrive low power msata ssd for raspberry pi
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Expensive version of this it seems
http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/USB-2-0-to-SATA-...nav=SEARCH

Pass
Not really compareable to a USB to Sata connector since this is an mSATA connector that plugs straight into the pi itself and allows for a much better looking device and all in 1 case as well. This bypasses the USB bus completely so should be quicker and with the faster Pi2 this baby might just soar.
I agree, cannot compare msata to 2.5" HD. Much nicer and cleaner.

Now, if I can only figure out why I would need a 120gb msata drive on a Pi2 or even 64gb... hmmm.... Still thinking...
Hmmm, I have a spare ADATA 32GB mSATA lying around here.
This would speed up the write speed restrictions with micro SDHC cards on the RPi Smile

I can guarantee, there will be knock offs coming from Asia shortly after these devices are released. I already have a mSATA/IDE adapter board just like this for an ATV1, that cost $3.50 delivered.
(2015-07-17, 06:07)shabuboy Wrote: [ -> ]I agree, cannot compare msata to 2.5" HD. Much nicer and cleaner.

Now, if I can only figure out why I would need a 120gb msata drive on a Pi2 or even 64gb... hmmm.... Still thinking...

Agreed I can easily see 16/32gb being the go to size of mSATA for this
its still connected via USB2, therefore slow... and it needs an SD card to boot.
Dont see the real benefit in this.