Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: J* feature request thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
<align>justify</align> for textbox could be fun to try
You already can use justified text in textbox...
REQUEST: A way to use user selected image resource addons in a list/panel container.

Currently the image resource selector script writes the name and path of the user selected resource addon to a skin string. However, skin strings and window properties are not available inside list/panel containers. This means there is no possible way to have user selected image resources inside a container.
(2015-10-14, 01:06)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]You already can use justified text in textbox...

Wow. That was fast! ;-) Guess it was a good idea then. Joking aside; My wiki skills are not of such caliber that I can find that information. Apologies for my lack of skills.
(2015-10-14, 05:42)Torben Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-10-14, 01:06)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]You already can use justified text in textbox...

Wow. That was fast! ;-) Guess it was a good idea then. Joking aside; My wiki skills are not of such caliber that I can find that information. Apologies for my lack of skills.
All in the skinning manual... Wink
Skinning Manual > Text Box > Available Tags > Align
http://kodi.wiki/view/Skinning_Manual#Available_tags_11
I see it clearly. Its like all ovwr. Dont know how I could have missed it! Sorry again.
(2015-10-14, 06:55)Torben Wrote: [ -> ]I see it clearly. Its like all ovwr. Dont know how I could have missed it! Sorry again.

because i added it last night after seeing your request here ;-)
Ahahahaa! Thanks for driving me crazy and back then :-D
Ability to <include /> a file from a VFS path. This would mean that Skin Shortcuts no longer needed to write a file to the skins directory, and would open up options to other scripts (which skins aren't so reliant upon) to integrate with skins.
Possible use of a [FONT font="My_Font"] as label formatting. This could allow stylish format with only one textbox or wrapmultiline label and replace some grouplists combinations. Ex.

Code:
<label>[FONT font="TitleFont"]MY_TITLE_INFOLABEL[/FONT][CR][CR] [FONT font="BodyFont"]MY_BODY_INFOLABEL[/FONT]</label>
I just tried Jarvis because someone here asked. It seems to be a lot slower than Isengard when updating the screen. Scrolling panels with thumbs used to be ultra smooth (in my skin) but is now a jerky experience.. What's up with that?

The sorting of containers seems to take place after the screen has been drawn one time. Looks nasty. Sortby in container is nice, but not at this price.
(2015-10-17, 11:06)Jayz2K Wrote: [ -> ]Possible use of a [FONT font="My_Font"] as label formatting. This could allow stylish format with only one textbox or wrapmultiline label and replace some grouplists combinations. Ex.

Code:
<label>[FONT font="TitleFont"]MY_TITLE_INFOLABEL[/FONT][CR][CR] [FONT font="BodyFont"]MY_BODY_INFOLABEL[/FONT]</label>
You now have a 'Light' font option so you can have 3 different font weights in a single label/textbox. Using different fonts would be nice but there's the issue of alignment.
(2015-10-19, 14:23)Torben Wrote: [ -> ]I just tried Jarvis because someone here asked. It seems to be a lot slower than Isengard when updating the screen. Scrolling panels with thumbs used to be ultra smooth (in my skin) but is now a jerky experience.. What's up with that?

The sorting of containers seems to take place after the screen has been drawn one time. Looks nasty. Sortby in container is nice, but not at this price.
Not seen this myself - can you post comparison videos and/or logs?
(2015-10-19, 14:23)Torben Wrote: [ -> ]The sorting of containers seems to take place after the screen has been drawn one time. Looks nasty. Sortby in container is nice, but not at this price.

I already use sorting of dynamic content and haven't experienced this at all. How and where do you use this?
(2015-10-19, 18:11)Hitcher Wrote: [ -> ]You now have a 'Light' font option so you can have 3 different font weights in a single label/textbox. Using different fonts would be nice but there's the issue of alignment.

Yes, I've seen the new 'Light' attribute. Haven't tested it yet. The idea was much into a 'Height' / 'Size', even for the same font. Grouplists work fine for this with some more code but still a problem inside a Container. It's actually not possible to have a textbox following another one with auto-height. Not sure to get the alignment issue but I'm not into the KODI code Wink
@Hitcher and Gade: I turned off the fixed frame rate and it boosted the renderspeed. Not sure if thus was on in Isengard. I might have confused the sorting redraw with the content update. I change the content onclick and to my untrained eye it looks as if each item is being drawn. I do have some conditionals ans will go over my code - especially when you say that you dont experience rhis. Thanks.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10