Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Nvidia Shield TV Horizontal Crop
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Not sure if this is a bug, or user error, but I've been struggle with this problem for a few days..

Some movies played using Kodi over my home network are cropping off 1/6 of the screen horizontally. So when the movie starts and the studio name comes up I only see "Univers" or "Studio Cana" rest of the screen is missing. The movies play in this incorrect format though out.

If I play the movies on my PC using VLC (same networked files) the are presented correctly.

These movies are from my home collection and have been taken from the DVDs using MakeMKV.

The movies from my collection doing this are

Flash Gordon
Straw Dogs
Deer Hunter
The Evil Dead
Salvador
The Game

All of my other movies work fine using Kodi and Nvidia shield TV over the network.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Forgot to say - my Kodi install is 15 rc-2 on the Nvidia Shield TV, and was installed from the Google Play Store.
Still doing this despite factory reset of shield TV. Original source file situated on a NAS has always worked perfectly using vlc on a PC.

Are there any advance setting in KODI that will allow me to alter the crop? Tried all the calibration settings to no avail.
When one of these movies is playing, press select to bring up the OSD and select video settings, then try changing the zoom mode. It should work with "Normal".
No that doesn't work. In fact I have kodi defaulting to original size as its the best way to tell if a video is playing up.

I am now on Nvidia Shield 2.0 and Kodi 15.1.

I've tried everything now, numerous Shield os, factory reset to no avail. Its odd that these movie are oldish DVD source material.

I've installed Twonky software on my NAS as a check, and it plays the files correctly to my TV. So I'll use that as work around for when this occurs.

For everything else Kodi is working like a dream - 24fps, audio pass through.
Nvidia Shield using Kodi -

Twonky same file from NAS -