Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: New to all this... Pls help!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Dear All,

I am new to all this as I just read over the internet that with Kodi and with a device like Amazon Fire TV that I can watch live tv channels with my HD tv. Could someone please explain where to start? What type of devices I need to buy and how to go with configuring everything?

Many thanks in advance!
Kalx
Sorry, my understanding of this is different. You need a device that will receive the live TV, and software that will stream it to Kodi.

Please don't be offended, but I'd suggest reading the Kodi wiki for features/system requirements rather than reading other sites on the internet.
(2015-07-19, 17:31)Kalx Wrote: [ -> ]Dear All,

I am new to all this as I just read over the internet that with Kodi and with a device like Amazon Fire TV that I can watch live tv channels with my HD tv. Could someone please explain where to start? What type of devices I need to buy and how to go with configuring everything?

Many thanks in advance!
Kalx
Why not just use your TV to watch live TV?
(2015-07-19, 21:50)Steve_uk Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-07-19, 17:31)Kalx Wrote: [ -> ]Dear All,

Many thanks in advance!
Kalx
Why not just use your TV to watch live TV?
Recordings, timers, epg?