Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Screen size
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What's the deal with "full pixel" mode. It doesn't exist when not in xbmc, when in that mode, there is a white border around the screen. When I switch to full mode, the screen is good for viewing, but the outermost bar, to close screen etc, is not visible.
No sure were you see the words "full pixel" mode, but I suspect you mean full screen mode, vs windowed mode....Settings/System (wiki) one allowing for multiple windows to be open and the other mode dominates (full screen). If you find resolution to be not full screen (e.g. white pixel line around boarder) check your desktop and graphic card parameters, it may be a function of the 'over-scan' or lack of... in the graphic settings of your display driver.

I should note there is resolution adjustments in both system settings, the video play while playing and of course your O/S and graphic card. Between all of these, something is not set right.
If I am understanding music_lover right he/she has no outermost bar from which to close Kodi down - this is the nearest post I have seen to my issue of having to close Kodi to do anything else on the computer. This is very annoying (and unnecessary?) when trying to follow a you-tube video to fix/work on Kodi.
Is there supposed to be a toggle (like windows does) to have another window open with Kodi?
Absolutely love Kodi and think it is worth a lot of effort to make it work ............. Smile
Hit the backslash "\" key.
Make sure your TV or Monitor is not overscanning the image. Go into your TV settings and check for the mode it is displaying. Some screens will naturally hide that outer edge of the image. You'll need to find a "pixel mode" or "PC" or something that just takes the raw image and displays it.

On a computer monitor there are simpler controls and you'll usually find one labelled "Auto" which will jiggle the screen to fit a better fit. This also makes text sharper in the process.
A point of clarification, when kodi is not on, the TV modes do not include full pixel mode. But when I start kodi, full pixel mode is an option when cycling the TV's screen format button. Full pixel makes it possible to pull the windows menu down, but when not in use, the solid line is visible.
Sounds more like a function of the 'over-scan' or lack of... in the graphic settings of your display driver for that last little tweak, but sounds like you need to adjust the screen from the desktop when displayed on your TV (displayswitch.exe as keyboard Win+p).
OK - so that confirms that you should be selecting "pixel mode" on your TV. Those modes are specifically designed for the output from computers. It lets the TV Screen show the KODI output "as is" and maps pixel to pixel. Select that, but also go into the TV settings and check what other options are available for moving the image around. There should be options in to tell the TV what to do with the edges of the image.

So what is the graphics card you have? Check in those drivers and make sure any "enhancements" are turned off.

I am a little confused as to what border you are trying to see. Are you saying you are running KODI in windowed mode? So trying to see the Window menus and close buttons?

Also there are other solutions. Like Helta suggests, go and learn some of the KODI keyboard short cuts. So instead of trying to get at a button you can't reach, memorise the keyboard shortcut for it.

For the other poster who was talking about getting at other programs on the same computer while KODI is running there is a simple answer. Press the <WINKEY> on the keyboard to pull up the Taskbar and Start Menu. Cunning planning means you then have put your other important programs onto the taskbar. Don't forget that as you pin those programs they can be launched with keyboard short cuts. So if you have on the task bar Firefox, Explorer, VLC icons in order then <WINKEY>+<1> launches the Firefox, <WINKEY>+<2> launches the Explorer, <WINKEY>+<3> launches VLC
Screen size, I've learned, is ultimately controllable by the video card. In my case, nvidia. Your TV may have a few setting s to make it easy, but the video card can resize to include lost area on the screen.