Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Advice Required - PVR Setup
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi Everyone,

I was wondering if I could trouble you for some advice relating to my PVR setup.

I currently use a number of Asus Chromeboxes around the house to stream movies and tv shows from my Synology NAS.

For live tv, I use a satellite TV unit which utilises CCCam to descramble. This is limited to the lounge TV though.

My question is, how best could I share the live tv with the other Chromeboxes running kodi?

I have tried running both TVHeadedend and DVBLink on my Synology NAS (plus sat tuner), however I've recently realised the NAS is not really powerful enough to handle the descrambling needed. I was able to watch FTA TV on each of my Kodi boxes though.

Another option I've through about was to buy one of those dreamboxes which allow DLNA streaming and setting things up that way.

How are other people doing this kind of thing? My aim would be to use Kodi for everything, with all of the backend hardware in my server cabinet. I don;t really want to have to route satellite cable to each of my TVs in order to accomplish this.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Kind regards

John
You should get more powerful hardware so you can run tvheadend centrally, then stream to the whole house.
Thanks ngge,

What would you recommend?

A better NAS? A mini of if some kind?

Kind regards,

John
I'd use an actual computer so you can use PCI Express tuners.