Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Kodi15 with VNSI: Audio drops & Out of Sync
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Must have been blind before: Now there are different kind of entries in the log which may belong to the stutters.

I pressed "u" shortly after the shutter disappeared: 22:49:27 T:139628404656128 DEBUG: OnKey: u (0xf055) pressed, action is

Log: http://pastebin.com/w9sHjDt1

Edit: Seems that I have not been blind because the stutter stopped > 22:49, but there are only the four following entries for 22:48 in the log which in my opinion can not be the reason for the plenty of stutters during 22:48:
22:48:01 T:139627458008832 DEBUG: CDVDPlayerVideo::CalcDropRequirement - hurry: 1
22:48:02 T:139627458008832 DEBUG: Previous line repeats 3 times.
22:48:02 T:139627458008832 DEBUG: CPullupCorrection: detected pattern of length 1: 20000.00, frameduration: 20000.000000
22:48:25 T:139627449616128 DEBUG: Thread JobWorker 139627449616128 terminating (autodelete)

Edit2: 23:13 no more stutters since 22:49
Code:
22:48:02 T:139627458008832   DEBUG: CPullupCorrection: detected pattern of length 1: 20000.00, frameduration: 20000.000000

This means we get clean timestamps from vnsi demuxer. If there was a single packet missing, I would show up in the logs as "pattern lost ..."

The only reason I can think of is skipped frames but you said there are no skipped frames indicated on the codec screen. Please double check and confirm whether there are skipped frames.
Just checked it several times: The skip counter only increases shortly after a channel switch and then stays unchanged although the stutter continous.

Also had a look in the vdr logs regarding the timeframe i posted yesterday: Nothing

Seems that I have to stay with Kodi14 forever :-(
I noticed that you tried a version of July 25th. I was not able to reproduce the issue with my current master. Please try this version and post debug log again.
Tried the latest master with the same result (once again pressed "u" shortly after the stutter stopped): http://pastebin.com/9uugFpED
Skip counter did not increase.

I noticed in the log from yesterday and from today that at the same time the stutter stops there is the following entry written into the log:
DEBUG: CDVDPlayer::HandlePlaySpeed set clock adjust: 0.000000

Directly after the streaming starts it is set to:
DEBUG: CDVDPlayer::HandlePlaySpeed set clock adjust: -0.010000

May this be the cause for the issue?
CONGRATULATIONS! You nailed it. That is the reason and it was me who implemented this feature Smile
What playing live streams and message queues are about to run dry and audio or video may stall, clock speed is reduced by 1% until buffer level gets above a certain threshold.

For now you can increase minaudiocachelevel in advanced settings. I will do change vnsiserver to start audio with first packet.
GREAT TO HEAR! And welcome back Kodi >= 15!!! Thanks for your ongoing help to find it. I'm astonished that no one else reported this.

Edit:
Just to proof: set minaudiocachelevel = 60 and NO MORE STUTTERS!
I just compiled the latest version of VNSI-Server-Plugin for VDR because i was thinking that commit "revert 3bfed6c, now that audio and video sync seperately it is not needed anymore" would fix the issue.
Sorry to say that the stutter appears once again, but now without those entries regarding "clock adjust" in the logfiles?!

The only thing that resolves the stutter issue is to set set minaudiocachelevel = 60 (didn't try lower values). But this is not for practical use.

Any further ideas?

Edit: Just found out that the stutter only appears after a channel switch. If i start kodi and then directly switch to "N24" there is no stutter. But if i first switch after kodi started to "Das Erste" and afterwards to "N24" the stutter appears.
@FernetMenta: Any chance that this issue could be solved? Anything needed from my side?
It is more work than I originally expected and there are other things with higher priority on my todo list. In the meantime you have a solution, right?
Hopefully my post didn't sound offending (wasn't my intention).

I just wasn't aware that you already know that the commit "revert 3bfed6c, now that audio and video sync seperately it is not needed anymore" didn't fix it.

I'm using Kodi14 til you develop a solution, because with the workaround "minaudiocachelevel=60" the channel switching is horrible slow.

Thanks once again for your support!
I have fixed this in Kodi now. You can try my master branch which is provided by those builds: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=231955

EDIT: will be in the ppa tomorrow
Thanks for the fix. Just compiled your master from today and the issue seems to be solved. Will do some more testing in the next few days. Any idea when it will be merged into kodi master?
This is based on new VideoPlayer: http://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=240 and it will hit master with those changes. I can't give any concrete date, yet.
Thanks for hinting me to the videoplayer thread. Very interesting stuff. Now i understand that you can't give an eta ;-). I will compile your master whenever i have time to do so and report back my findings.
Pages: 1 2 3 4