Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Installing PVR addons on QNAP (no root access)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi

Im trying o enable the PVR addons on my Qnap 251 NAS which has a Ubuntu version of Kodi 14.2 installed.

The Kodi wiki states you need to run sudo apt-get to achieve this. The problem is my Qnap has no root user so the sudo command is not recognized.

Anyone know another way I can install the PVR addon's without using sudo apt-get ?
@Swannybfc you'll basically have to compile the addon for your QNAP, which is something even I don't know how to do. Why do you even run Kodi and PVR on your NAS?
Thanks for the replies

The QNAP 251 has HDMI out. I have it plugged straight into my TV .

hmmm ok I have no idea how to compile it either. Does anyone know ?
Are you certain you can't get root on the Qnap?
When trying to use the sudo command it returns the result

Sudo: unknown user: root
Sudo: unable to initialize policy plug in

I'm not brilliant with Linux but does this tell me the admin account I have doesn't have root?
Sounds like it, I don't know why Qnap would cripple a Linux installation like that. Try Google to see if someone else has figured it out.
Yeah already had a Google about and not come up with much. Thought I'd check on here, if anyone knows how it can be done
I took the liberty of changing the title and moved the thread to the Linux support forum.