Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: HGTV Canada Video Addon - Canada Only
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
(2016-04-24, 17:31)cmccardle Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, Is there something wrong with the playing of videos within HGTV Canada? All shows are listed as well as individual programs with titles but none of them will play. Sometimes it says check your log (which I don't know how to do/don't know where it is). Is this just a "me" problem? Or is everyone having this problem. BTW, I am totally loving this addon and hope I can get it running properly soon. Thanks so much for any help!

Read the posts preceding your post the answers are there. I'm REALLY getting tired of repeating this. Please at least have the courtesy to read what is already there, this just wastes a developer's time.
Thanks for the lovely response. Really not intending to be discourteous as clearly you are. I did read the previous posts before posting. I guess there is no fix at present which is fine. I would have no understanding of how long these things can take or how complicated they can be. I do however, appreciate what you do and am respectful of that. A little respectful reciprocation goes a long way. Just sayin'! Wink
(2016-05-01, 17:27)cmccardle Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for the lovely response. Really not intending to be discourteous as clearly you are. I did read the previous posts before posting. I guess there is no fix at present which is fine. I would have no understanding of how long these things can take or how complicated they can be. I do however, appreciate what you do and am respectful of that. A little respectful reciprocation goes a long way. Just sayin'! Wink
He said "Please".
Don't be so sensitive!
I'm a new member and this is the first post I've ever made. Just surprised at the response I got is all....
(2016-04-22, 04:31)learningit Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-04-22, 04:21)theveener Wrote: [ -> ]@learningit I'm in Canada (and a developer familar with github) and can help test and debug, here's a log:
http://pastebin.com/ngiERz3s

The menus work fine, just video playback is broken. I'm also seeing the same types of problems with Food Network Canada.

Thanks for the offer. Quite a number of my addons have been affected by some changes in the shared content platform used by many websites.
Geo restrictions have been tightened for Canada/US and some of the auth mechanisms are a bit more complex.
I don't see any showstoppers, just takes time to understand, rewrite and test the 15 or so add-ons that are (or will be) affected.

OK. I grabbed this from my browser, maybe it will help.
http://pastebin.com/Y5z7f2r8
V3.0.2 should work for folks. I've done a PR on the kodi.org repo, hopefully will update in a few days.
Please note that this add-on will only work for folks in Canada as geo-restrictions are in place on the content.
working wonderfully....Much appreciated
Hi...Love this addon.

But I have a question. I have this addon on the same build in 3 devices it works on 2 of them but not one. How can I fix this? its on the same wifi network.

Thanks.
(2017-03-08, 21:06)Ronin-Ng Wrote: [ -> ]Hi...Love this addon.

But I have a question. I have this addon on the same build in 3 devices it works on 2 of them but not one. How can I fix this? its on the same wifi network.

Thanks.

Two options: 1) throw the 3rd device in the garbage; or 2) watch HGTV on one of the 2 devices which work.

Clearly not a problem with the add-on.
(2017-03-08, 21:12)learningit Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-03-08, 21:06)Ronin-Ng Wrote: [ -> ]Hi...Love this addon.

Thanks.

Two options: 1) throw the 3rd device in the garbage; or 2) watch HGTV on one of the 2 devices which work.

Clearly not a problem with the add-on.

Wow, some help! BTW: all 3 devices are the same and setup the same way. Every other addon works on the one that HGTV doesn't work. I will keep looking for a remedy. Thanks.
(2017-03-08, 21:18)Ronin-Ng Wrote: [ -> ]Wow, some help! BTW: all 3 devices are the same and setup the same way. Every other addon works on the one that HGTV doesn't work. I will keep looking for a remedy. Thanks.

With the plethora of information that you give about your situation, you may as well tell me that you you have three daughters and ask me to tell you the middle name of the one who is pregnant. Take a moment think about some of the valuable information that you could disclose about your unique situation and then write down some of the pertinent facts. None of us are mind readers!

http://kodi.wiki/view/how-to:submit_a_bug_report
i am having an issue with HGTV Canada. I recently put it on my android box / kodi (I've done it at least a dozen times on various boxes) and never have I come up with this problem. The shows are showing a huge gap on the top and the bottom so the show is stretched to the sides and kind of squatted making it really hard to see, because the shows were taped to show on tv, but someohow it's looking like a movie format. (It's the best way I can explain it. It is only doing this on HGTV Canada, the American is ok, and everything else viewed in kodi is just fine. I'm stumped as to how to fix it. I've tried uninstalling and re-installing but it still does the same thing. Help. Jojo
Old help sites that no longer apply should be removed. Please do so.
Welp, it seems HGTV canada again changed how they provide video.

From what I've seen, they seem to be, for now, the only ones using this new scheme in the shared platform. They now seem to directly get a .m3u8 instead of an html file that needs to be parsed.

Here's the log. Everything is fine until the last parsing in getAddonVideo as it now receives an m3u8.
(Removed by mod)

I tried simply ignoring any parsing and doing a simple:
(Removed by mod)

Just hoping kodi would be able to deal with the m3u8, but I think the relative URIs in the m3u8 are throwing it off. I'm not knowledgeable enough about kodi addons / your addon framework to go any further. It would be really nice if you could take a look or give me some pointers so I could send you a pull request.
Thanks
Please do not put logs in the support thread. Partial logs are not useful. Please upload the entire log to xbmclogs.com or pastebin.com and post the url here in the support thread.

I've gone back and removed the log and the code snippet, which doesn't work anyway.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9