Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: New and Not sure where to post..
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Please excuse if first time being here but was trying to figure out how to swap my internal memory over to an external sd card on my mx android tv box..wasnt sure where to post..please excuse me..will try and figure my way around for future use..have looked at the root external 2 internal program online but there were different ones and wasnt certain which I needed...would really appreciate any help here
I hope this is what you're trying to do.

If you're experiencing "growth" of the KODI app as shown in the app manager due to data taking up more and more space and wish to redirect KODI to look for it's data on a drive other than your internal storage try:

http://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Change_sett...or_Android

Don't forget to copy your current data to the new location... after it's all working with the newly copied data, you can go back and remove the original files to free up space on your internal storage. (maybe rename the folder first and reboot to make sure everything is working off the newly copied data)

If you're looking to do more than that with an app that lets you move other apps to external storage then I have no experience, but have read of others having some success with such apps in the past -though not KODI related.

You'll also find threads if you search for "internal memory" or "cleaning library" and "thumbnails" from the main forum page, where various threads are listed, which will detail how to erase thumbnails and the other cached files that may build up -current wisdom seems to suggest avoiding the zero cache setting.
appreciate your reply and help..tried what you suggested to no avail..was trying to swap my external sd card memory with my internal memory per root external 2 internal but there were several different programs and wasnt certain which one to use