Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Playon Browser
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22
I have gotten most things to load ok, not quite sure what you get over upnp but am happy to see continue development on this.

Integrating auto watched status and the ability to add recordings to the queue would be awesome.

Cheers
(2015-12-21, 05:27)nuttytree Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-12-15, 18:06)spyder Wrote: [ -> ]I've started using this again, and noticed something odd when starting a video. When a video starts playing, it doesn't go full screen(list overlay is displayed). I have never seen this with any other addon(or using Playon UPNP), is anyone else getting this?

I do so this issue randomly, not a huge deal for me a couple of clicks of the Back button clears the list/menu but my wife finds it very frustrating. I knew an update was coming so I was hoping that maybe the new version would fix it but it hasn't. I might try this week to see if I can come up with a fix.
It looks like it isn't just me then, the back button for me would just back out of the menu(which I don't want), a better solution is to press 'full screen'(tab), but this is on a RPi using CEC so I am limited in programmable buttons.

(2015-12-20, 09:02)arctelix Wrote: [ -> ]I am fairly certain were just getting audio, no video, from the 4.x playon upnp server. That's why it's not going full screen.
This is interesting, it does appear as if it started an audio file. Hopefully it's something that can be fixed on the client side.
(2015-12-21, 05:22)nuttytree Wrote: [ -> ]I have noticed the plugin has updated also. Because your PlayOn upnp source could be named anything after the update you have to configure the add-on and set the upnp path for your PlayOn server. So far mine has been working good, I have watched 2 movies one from HBO and another from Cinemax via PlayOn and the plugin.

Ah! Thanks for that, I'll give that a shot!
Confirmed, thank you very much! Only issue I'm having is PlayOn slow to start causing it time out, nothing to do with this add-on though it eventually played on the 2nd or 3rd attempt (it does this over UPnP too and on other devices). Think I just need to upgrade to some faster drives.
I'm running OSMC on Raspberry Pi 2 wired to my Windows computer running Playon. I can see all the channels and videos in the browser but I'm having an issue with it not actually playing the stream. It starts out saying 'Loading' and then just stops and kick back out to the list. I've checked and I have the latest versions of both playon and the browser add-on. I will try to get logs this evening to post. I'm not sure if this is related or not, but I cannot find the playon UPNP server either.

Robert

Edit: Nevermind. It was totally a user error. Works great now. Thanks.
(2016-01-05, 14:56)grundam Wrote: [ -> ]I'm running OSMC on Raspberry Pi 2 wired to my Windows computer running Playon. I can see all the channels and videos in the browser but I'm having an issue with it not actually playing the stream. It starts out saying 'Loading' and then just stops and kick back out to the list. I've checked and I have the latest versions of both playon and the browser add-on. I will try to get logs this evening to post. I'm not sure if this is related or not, but I cannot find the playon UPNP server either.

Robert

Edit: Nevermind. It was totally a user error. Works great now. Thanks.

I'm having the same problem and would love to know what you did to correct it, any input would be appreicated

Ron
You need to make sure you have Upnp/DLNA turned on under. System-Settings-Services-UPNP/DLNA. Then go to video - files - add files - and add you playon path.
Thanks for the quick reply, I came to the same conclusion finally and got out to work. Hope this might help someone else who is new to the software. After reading your message I knew I was missing something under my nose and if I kept looking of ass you did... Again thanks for the reply. Enjoy Ron
(2016-01-09, 20:15)grundam Wrote: [ -> ]You need to make sure you have Upnp/DLNA turned on under. System-Settings-Services-UPNP/DLNA. Then go to video - files - add files - and add you playon path.

You don't have to enable upnp/dlna in kodi... just add upnp:// as a video source.
Thanks
HI all.
I have been battling for the past two days solid to get the playon browser workimg.
Im at the point to where I can browse my Netflix, and see all the media available, but when I select something i get a quick pop "Openingstream/media
and then the pop up disappears and nothing happens.

I am running my Kodi on the same machine (HTPC) as the Playon application. Is this what a native installation refers to?

I am running Playon V4 and Kodi 15.

I have done everything that I could possibly find with regards to the Playon Browser installation. THe main two items being adding a upnp:// as a video source, and changing the IP address within the settings of the Addon to that which I get by visiting m.playon.tv

I am not sure what else to do.
Please can someone assist?

Thank you,
Jared
(2016-01-16, 21:36)jareds Wrote: [ -> ]HI all.
I have been battling for the past two days solid to get the playon browser workimg.
Im at the point to where I can browse my Netflix, and see all the media available, but when I select something i get a quick pop "Openingstream/media
and then the pop up disappears and nothing happens.

I am running my Kodi on the same machine (HTPC) as the Playon application. Is this what a native installation refers to?

I am running Playon V4 and Kodi 15.

I have done everything that I could possibly find with regards to the Playon Browser installation. THe main two items being adding a upnp:// as a video source, and changing the IP address within the settings of the Addon to that which I get by visiting m.playon.tv

I am not sure what else to do.
Please can someone assist?

Thank you,
Jared

Four simple steps are needed:

1. make sure playon server is running, and not behind a firewall
2. access m.playon.tv and learn your ip if you don't already know it.
3. add 'upnp://' as a video source in Kodi
4. Enter your ip:port information into the playbrowsers settings, and navigate to the upnp:// playon folder.
Thank you for that.

Ok, i just tested Youtube and Redbull TV which are all part of PLayon - they work great.

Netflix however, still says check log for details and nothing plays.

Could it be because im currently on a trial account with Netflix? This shouldnt make a difference as far as I know.
(SIDE NOTE: I can play whatever I select with PLayon itself)

Thank you for the help.
Jared
Can you play Netflix from the pkayon browser?
Having an issue with Playon Plugin. It was working fine until last night. I guess I had a bunch of channels enabled but my login credentials for most of them disappeared or something. I opened the Playon Browser config and re-enabled the channels that were saying I wasn't logged in when I tried watching the shows, and put in my credentials again. After I finished, I restarted the PC, restarted Playon, and restarted Kodi. Now, when I click the Playon Browser plugin in kodi it brings up the main menu and every time I click on "Movies and TV" it says Working for a while then errors and says to check the log. I turned on debug mode in Kodi, cleared the kodi log, and restarted Kodi to have a clean log and it rocketed up almost instantly to 40MB. I let it sit there and run after clicking the "Movies and TV" link in Playon for about 2 min and the file size got up to 128MB. Here's the link to that log.

<url>http://xbmclogs.com/pyvtjrp2u</url>

It's actually just a chunk of the code. I tried posting a 9K lines of the 400K and it crashed my webpage. Let me know if you need a different chunk.
There's a lot of info up to line 9686 in the log and then after that there are about 420 Thousand lines that are similar to this:
17:34:19 T:5488 WARNING: CWin32DirectSound::GetSpace - buffer underrun - W:10680, P:4294922040, O:104.

Was it a channel in PlayOn that I added that's causing an error? Thanks.

Also, m.playon works fine for me
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22