Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Info Key
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just installed SPMC v15.0 and have noticed that the Info key mapped to my Fire TV remote has changed in functionality. Previous behavior: Select Info→ Info displays→ Select Info to exit. Current behavior: Select Info→ Info displays→ Select Back key is now the only way to exit. The Confluence skin has not changed in functionality of the Info key with the new update. Further, the "I" key on a keyboard works as expected. Is this a Kodi, Titan skin or Fire TV issue?
I am bumping this post because my Info Key usecase on a Fire TV remote and presumably others might be overlooked and not fixed. I am hoping Ned Scott who has stated he uses a Fire TV can look into this issue. I have been in contact with Titan skin developer @marcelveldt in this Info Key thread and he believes that the info key has been broken with the release of Isengard 15.0. He also stated he has passed this issue along to Kodi developers. Just hoping it gets adressed in a future update.
I have discussed this with the Kodi devs. Something was indeed changed to this with the Isengard release, requiring some changes in the skin which I have just fixed. Will publish a new beta later today so you can test.
(2015-08-04, 20:46)marcelveldt Wrote: [ -> ]I have discussed this with the Kodi devs. Something was indeed changed to this with the Isengard release, requiring some changes in the skin which I have just fixed. Will publish a new beta later today so you can test.

Thanks for taking the time and finding a fix for the Info key to work properly on the Fire TV remote. Looking forward to having its functionality restored.
BTW: You mean the info key when playing a movie, right ? To display the video info OSD ?
(2015-08-04, 21:10)marcelveldt Wrote: [ -> ]BTW: You mean the info key when playing a movie, right ? To display the video info OSD ?

This is the Info display I am referring to. I am not referring to the OSD that has the play, pause, stop... controls.

(2015-08-04, 21:23)mjbxx Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-08-04, 21:10)marcelveldt Wrote: [ -> ]BTW: You mean the info key when playing a movie, right ? To display the video info OSD ?

This is the Info display I am referring to. I am not referring to the OSD that has the play, pause, stop... controls.

Yep, that's the one ;-)
I will upload a new beta within an hour or so.
Info key on the Fire TV remote?
(2015-08-04, 23:40)Ned Scott Wrote: [ -> ]Info key on the Fire TV remote?
Yes. I actually have a Fire TV remote button keymapped as an Info key and prefer using instead of the the OSD key. Mainly because you turn it on and off from the same key without having to use the back button. This is why I was concerned that my usecase of the Info key could be overlooked as most users do not keymap its use. In any event, I am awaiting @marcelveldt's Titan skin update that hopefully fixes this issue.
Ah, so it's a skin specific issue?
(2015-08-05, 02:20)Ned Scott Wrote: [ -> ]Ah, so it's a skin specific issue?

See here: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2068715