Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Sporting Event Series not recording
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This seems to be a WMC issue which may be related to the change in guide source. It appears that series recordings involving sporting events are no longer working. I have a series recording for PGA Tour Golf and it did not pick up this weeks or next weeks events. I have a friend who had a UFC Fight Night series recording and last Friday's fight was not automatically scheduled to record. When setting the new events to record i was not offered an option for series recording.

Any ideas?
My guess is your new guide source is not flagging these shows as a series (ie the guide entry for the program has the boolean IsSeries set false). Since you can run swmc in a debugger you can check to see if this is the case.

Now that we have primetime recording implemented, I have been think of adding automatic recordings by keyword. That would at least be a workaround if you can't get this guide data problem resolved.
I notice the same thing.

I'm thinking its a WMC issue since the Record Series option doesn't show when I click on a sporting event from within WMC (F1 and IndyCar in my case).

@krustyreturns, any idea if it's possible to modify the IsStatus flag?
I've seen some recording issues since the guide data switched. It seems to be resolving itself as time goes by, but I've seen some other folks saying they re-ran the guided setup and that helped their issues.
@kyle84, no, we can't change the guide data to make something a series.