Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [split] Kodi pre-15.1 Isengard testing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Amlogic M8 KitKat and Lollipop bug exists in amcodec (since 15.0), as described here.

Sorry if anyone offended by this post Smile

Anyway, I'm working on a fix (basically, video output is fixed, zoom functionality left to be fixed). Once done, I'll send PR to github.

That's pretty much it from my side,

Stane1983
It's not a bug reporting thread or there's a fix! Split it as it was off topic for regression testing.

Also your conclusions are absolutely incorrect regarding too fast releases. You have no clue how we work so don't judge. There are hundreds of thousands of users running these builds and if they come to the forum all they say "it doesn't work" which is absolutely hopeless. Besides that you CAN NOT expect a small team to test a gazillion random android devices. Not to mention all other platforms out there we support.
So instead of complaining "the team" doesn't know what they are doing and are doing everything wrong because one chip doesn't really work is not respectful.
This is not meant to be disrespectful however it's just disappointing reading such "blogs" after everyone worked their ass of for free.

/end of rant

If you do provide a fix, thank you.
@stane

Exactly what "official amlogic lollipop" are you talking about?
There is no amlogic box I have that have it.

Maybe you could point us to a box having such an official firmware...

Anyway, what you say is strange because we have been contacted by amlogic asking us to implement mediacodec with surfaceview for lollipop, which I'm well advanced into.

Not that I'm not accustomed to conflicting information regarding the chinese makers...

Anyway, obviously no way we'd delay a release because amlogic changed their way (again). Don't forget we are multiplatform, and amlogic is just a small part of our user base, although we understand it's a very portant one for you...