Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: ServerWMC Showing SD instead of HD Channel
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ever since Windows Media Center switched from Zap2it to Rovi for the Guide provider, I've noticed that ServerWMC will stream the SD version of the channel instead of the HD on some channels.

My current setup is a HDHomeRun Prime and my HTPC which is running Windows 7 Pro (64-bit) and WMC, ServerWMC (1.0.0.58 Build 1199) and Kodi (15.0).

For example, if I go into the guide in Kodi, and select BBC America, it shows the Standard Definition version of the channel. However, if I select the same channel in Windows Media Center, it properly shows the HD stream. Likewise, if I go into Kodi, and tell it to record the channel, it records and plays back correctly in HD.

I've also tested this on my iPad Air 2 which is running Kodi 15.0 and also a second PC I have which was running Kodi 14.2. Both show the SD version of the channel instead of the HD. Most channels do show the HD stream as they should, but a certain number of them will show the SD instead.

Any clues as to what would cause this? I've tried resetting the PVR database on all three computers (the one running 14.2 was installed after I started noticing this issue), and I've forced ServerWMC to reload the channels from WMC but no luck.

Here are the log files from both Kodi and ServerWMC.

Kodi:
http://pastebin.com/zzdqWwrD

ServerWMC:
http://pastebin.com/Ri6STnFS
Hi Kyle,

I was having the same problem. I had to edit the sources for my channels and remove the SD versions:

In WMC
Settings->TV->Guide->Edit Channels
Click on the channel name (not number), and hit enter
Click Edit Sources
You'll see each of your tuners listed twice, the first ones will probably be HD, and the second set will be the SD channels
I simply unchecked all the which pointed to the SD Channel's number. For instance, I have 6 tuners, so I have 6 entries that point to channel 510 (HD), and 6 that point to channel 10 (SD).
I unchecked all the SD tuners.
Reloaded the channels in ServerWMC and it worked.
What @timmcglynn (thanks btw) said. Another option if that is too much of a hassle, is to change the swmc settings so that it chooses the tuners in the same order that wmc does. By default swmc chooses the tuner at the bottom of the list that timmcglynn mentions above, we do it this way in order to stop the windows rec service from stealing the tuner from an ongoing live-tv stream when it needs to record.

If you care less about this, change the setting

<Decoy_LiveStreamProtectLevel>1</Decoy_LiveStreamProtectLevel>

to either 0 (same order as wmc, but no lives tream protection) or 2 (chooses a higher priority tuner, but with less protection compared to default)
Thanks @timmcglynn, that was it! Had about a half dozen or so channels that had the extra tuners selected.

I'm kinda curious how it ended up that way since I ended up running the -MediaCenterRwcoveryTask and did the TV setup from scratch in order to get WMC to switch to the new Rovi guide. Oh well, it's working! Thanks again!