Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Kodi crashes immediately after splash screen
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello all. I hope somebody can help me with this problem I'm having. Kodi crashes immediately after the splash screen. I've tried removing the Kodi user folder (~/.kodi) and removing and reinstalling Kodi itself but nothing seems to work...

I'm currently on elementary OS 0.3 Freya (x64) based on Ubuntu 14.04 and using the 3.16.0-45-generic kernel. Kodi version is 2:15.0~git20150722.1043-final-0trusty from the xbmc ubuntu ppa (ppa:team-xbmc/ppa).

My laptop has an Intel Core i7 3517U, uses the HM76 Express Chipset, and also has an Nvidia GeForce GT 635M. I've tried switching between the 2 graphics processors (using nvidia-prime) but the result is the same.

Log file: http://pastebin.com/EKExsTrB

Thanks in advance.
it crashes trying to load libcurl. Your OS has probably changed something in this lib, so its not 100% compatible with ubuntu.
Thanks for your reply.

I've had a very busy week and I wasn't able to do much. Anyway, I check the installed version on my system against Ubuntu's and they appear to be the same: libcurl3_7.35.0-1ubuntu2.5_amd64. I downloaded the deb package off launchpad and installed it but to no avail.

Does anyone have any insight?